Olivia, Nugget, Gypsy, Isaac, Zane, etc, etc (PICS)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by speckledhen, Sep 14, 2010.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Took pics of these birds for different reasons. My black Ameraucana, Gypsy, has feathers on her head and neck, a rare occurrence! She seems to molt three times a year and mostly looks like a vulture.
    Nugget is camera shy, but today, seemed to pose for me--Jody, isn't she pretty?! My sweet gold Nugget is such a great broody mama.
    Olivia, who has been in internal laying torture with huge, fluid filled abdomen for months, has a small tummy now! We've drained probably two big mayo jars full of fluid from her in four sessions, but after the last 400 cc was removed, her tummy continued to shrink! You can see daylight underneath her now and though she will still pass on unless she expells the solid stuff from her oviducts, she can at least walk now.
    Zane was having a really nice sunbath in the cool air this morning so snapped a few of him.
    Shadow, the little banty princess, has her mouth open, big surprise, LOL. She's very vocal, as Cetawin can tell you.
    Last pic is Isaac and Maxie, Mouth of the South. She can bellow like a cow and for an hour sometimes.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Aww, they're all beautiful pics Cyn! [​IMG] Thanks so much for sharing them with us. Nugget looks so curious and sweet. So great to hear she's a good mama.

3. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Absolutely beautiful!!

4. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Nice birds Cynthia - great to see the Zane-ster enjoying himself. What a handsome individual he is.

5. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Thanks goodness that girl has feathers on her head....to have a wig made for her was gonna cost me some big bucks! [​IMG]

ZANE [​IMG] [​IMG]

Isaac [​IMG]

LIVVIE [​IMG]

Nugget [​IMG]

Shadow always running that mouth! It is a miracle there is no picture of maxie wailing! [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 14, 2010
  6. Serrin

Serrin Chillin' With My Peeps

Awwww! Just look at Zane! [​IMG] Looks like he was really enjoying himself. I'm so glad to hear that he does still get out from time to time and can take in some fresh air, sunshine and a good old fashioned dust bath! You have to admire that boys determination to keep going. Lesser roosters would have curled up their toes and given up the fight a long time ago! [​IMG]

Aaaah, Isaac! What's not to love about that beautiful boy?!? Sweet, drop dead gorgeous, great with is girls and loves his mama, all rolled into one completely perfect roo! [​IMG] I just wanna pick him and Zane up and cuddle the living daylights out of both of them! [​IMG]

My, my! What an improvement for Gypsy! Yes, head and neck feathers are definitely much more pleasing to the eye than that whole vulture come turkey look! [​IMG]

I just love all of your chickens Cyn. Such great personalities wrapped up in each and every one of them. Thanks for letting us pay a brief visit to them today! [​IMG]

7. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    They are beautiful Cyn. [​IMG]

8. joletabey

joletabey SDWD!!!!

Apr 9, 2009
    western NC
    Sweet Zane!!! I am so glad he got out and had fun- Shadow is getting chunkier - been hogging the treats, girl?

9. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    They all look wonderful Cyn and are very lovely! [​IMG] Mine all look dreadful right now and I would be ashamed to post any current pics of them. They are starting to molt and look horrid. My Zaner is looking great too! Hug him for me, will you? [​IMG]

10. cfdf

cfdf Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2010
    [​IMG] Super pictures! Thanks for sharing. Your birds are boootiful! I love your wooded area.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by