1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Olympia, WA Area 1973 VW Chicken Coop -- Wow

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by calista, Nov 4, 2011.

1. calista

calista Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2010
    Gotta hand it to this coop owner for creativity in retrofitting a 1973 VW bus into a coop:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/grd/2681661660.html

Even if you're not in the area, the pictures are worth a look for ideas the next time you get a chance at a free scrap van! [​IMG]

2. LoveNewChicks

LoveNewChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 30, 2011
    I don't know,
    My Coop
    wow!
    did you make that?

3. calista

calista Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2010
    Oh, heavens no! I only wish I had those kind of woodworking skills and the ability to "think outside the box." [​IMG]

The ad poster obviously put a lot of time and effort into the project, and I hope he/she is able to get a good price for such a unique conversation piece of a coop.

4. VI KING RANCH

VI KING RANCH Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2011
    Campbell River
    I WANT IT! I AM A VW NUT! I own 2 bugs (65,69) and am looking for a van lol. I will have to do this with one of my parts car shells...

5. Nonny

Nonny Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Love it!!

The only thing I don't like about it is the idea of storing lawnmowers so close to the coop, because of the petrol / oil fumes.

6. Lee

Lee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2008
    Marion County, IN
    LOL has he got that for sale again? [​IMG] So many people liked it I thought it would have sold by now. [​IMG]

7. Hawkeye95

Hawkeye95 Chillin' With My Peeps

Agreed! I think that thing has been for sale off and on for months and months now! I'm surprised he still has it!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by