omega 3 supplement

I don't do a supplement per se, but I do try to give them food that is high in omega3, in particular, flax seed and leafy green vegetables. I don't know if I buy into the idea of it reducing the cholesterol in the eggs but who knows? It can't hurt and I do believe those foods are good for them (and us) so...

My mother-in-law fed her 200+ Omega 3 supplements at one point, but the eggs started tasting horribly fish. I don't give mine the supplement, but if I did I'd check first to make sure that they're not fish- or kelp-based.

My mother-in-law fed her 200+ Omega 3 supplements at one point, but the eggs started tasting horribly fish. I don't give mine the supplement, but if I did I'd check first to make sure that they're not fish- or kelp-based.

i never thought of that. Something else to think about when researching.... thanks

I give mine regular flax seed...but only about a tablespoon a week...I mix it in with yogurt so they don't get a lot per bird. Chia seeds and sprouted radish seeds are also high in omega3, but I've not tried them...yet ;) So are walnuts, but they're just too darned expensive for our budget.

Back
Top Bottom