OMG!!! Bridgette laid an egg!!! Call duckilings here we come!!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by TheNewMrsEvans, Jan 10, 2009.

1. TheNewMrsEvans

TheNewMrsEvans Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2008
    Big Sur, CA
    Well actually 2, but one was in the swimming pool so I didn't see it until this morning and it's broke [​IMG] But I can see it's fertilized so that's nice to check anyhoo...
    But there was another one from today in their house!
    I was just telling DH that she looked "hen-ish", her butt dropped down and you could see her little pooper where as usually it's covered up...guess I call-ed it! [​IMG]
    We are making an incubator today...i wanted to start with plain old chicken eggs, but I guess we won't have time [​IMG]
    Unless someone wants to drive out here next weekend for some Snowy Call eggs...[​IMG]

Broken one from the pool...
    [​IMG]
    In a teaspoon for scale...
    [​IMG]
    With a large hen's egg...(It's big for a first egg!)
    [​IMG]

2. allaboutdemchicks

allaboutdemchicks Chapel Farms

Sep 13, 2008
    Jemison, AL
    Congrats to you and Bridgette!!!! [​IMG]

3. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    wow! it's obviously fertile! how exciting! yeah for calls! javascript:insert_text('[​IMG]', '');
    [​IMG][​IMG]

4. TheNewMrsEvans

TheNewMrsEvans Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2008
    Big Sur, CA
    I was so happy Courage, our drake, just started doing his job about 2 weeks ago. Plus the girls hump each other??? so I was hoping he actually mated with both of them [​IMG]
    We put together the basics of the incubator today, and we'll go out tomorrow for the things i forgot...the fan isn't hooked up yet, but I'm letting it run w/o it to try to get the thermostat in the right ballpark at least.
    Oh and about tilting the eggs before incubating them...is 3 times good like while incubating?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by