OMG chick hatched what do I Do? HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by RaisinAFlock, Feb 11, 2015.

1. RaisinAFlock

RaisinAFlock Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2014
    I need help I'm freaking out I had a container for a brooder cats used it as a litter box, heard peeping from the coop, mama hens laying on eggs won't accept chick, chick was on floor, with roosters, worried, climbed in over roosts pick him up, chick fell out of nests boxes, I don't have a heat lamp, or any chicken feed or chick starter, just scratch which the chick can't have, and sav a chick, electrolytes and probiotics, put small amount in shallow lid, put in bathroom with heater on after carrying chick inside, mama broody hen tried to bite me worried she and other mama hen attack chick not safe in coop or nest boxes HELP I can't get chick starter till morning what can I do to feed chick keep warm and comfortable so it survives ?? HELP!!

2. RaisinAFlock

Dec 2, 2014
    I put a thin towel thin layer pine shavings on floor of tiny container all I could do not prepared at all didn't think eggs were still good, thought hatch failed, curled towel up in corner for chick to try to stay warm help!

3. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    The chick will not need food or water for the first 2 days, so do not be concerned about that. More important is to keep it warm, 90 degrees at least - you may be able to use a heating pad under half (not more, so the chick can move away from heat if nescessary) in warm room.

4. HighStreetCoop

HighStreetCoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2014
    Oakland, CA
    My Coop
    You can put in a bottle of warm water wrapped in a sock for the chick to snuggle up to as well. You just have to keep replacing/refilling it until you get a better heat source.

1 person likes this.
  5. RaisinAFlock

Dec 2, 2014
    Pic

6. RaisinAFlock

Dec 2, 2014
    Why is it not working

7. RaisinAFlock

Dec 2, 2014
    Picture baby chick

8. RaisinAFlock

Dec 2, 2014
    Chick

9. RaisinAFlock

Dec 2, 2014
    Pic[​IMG]

10. RaisinAFlock

Dec 2, 2014
    I wrapped a heater pad folded in half in a towel and put down one side of container, hallway covered top with 3 towels, put heater on high a little ways away and closed bathroom door, can I give the chick sav a chick a few times a day if he she will accept it? How do I know when to supply water or chick feed? I'm gonna get unmedicated chick starter feed in morning, but what can baby chicks eat in an emergency with no food source?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by