OMG-Chickens in the kitchen!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by THough1956, Jun 22, 2010.

1. THough1956

THough1956 Chillin' With My Peeps

I know you will find this amusing.

We spent spent all day Sunday cleaning our house. My husbnad, Lee had vaccumed and mopped the kitchen floor. Everything was so nice and clean.

Well, Lee worked Sunday night and when he came in at 1:00 AM , Gizzmo(My little dog) had an upset stomache and had pooped all over the kitchen floor, I slept right through it! Lee had to clean it all up .

Now I don't normally keep chickens in my house, but I have 2 tubs of Silkie chicks that were recently vaccinated for Mareks and are in quarintene for 14 days. The only place I had to put them was in the house in the kitchen adjacent to the laundry room .

When I got home from work yesterday and went in the kitchen, 4 of my bigger white ones had flown out of the box and had spent all day crapping all over my white tiled kitchen floor!! It was such a stinking mess.

I told my son to hurry up and go feed while I cleaned and mopped the floor before my husband came home and killed me!!! As soon as my husband walked in the house he said “ why does it smell so strong of pinesol in here?”. I could not help but start laughing! He said , WHAT now that I cleaned the floor everything has to crap on it!! I just could not help dying laughing. LOL!!!![​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 22, 2010
  2. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    [​IMG]

3. tinychicky

tinychicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2010
    Hollis, New Hampshire
    haha [​IMG] ! my little sister once brought our ALL 6 of the oldest hens inside the house-in the dining room [​IMG] - while everyone else was out. we came back to find her frantically trying to clean the mess and contain the chickens (who kept running in different directions) at the same time!

4. silkiechick236

silkiechick236 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    Oklahoma
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Mommi3130

Mommi3130 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2009
    Michigan
    [​IMG]

6. cterbizan

cterbizan Chillin' With My Peeps