OMG! day 20!!! eight have hatched! PICS soon...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by oodymex, Mar 22, 2009.

1. oodymex

oodymex Out Of The Brooder

Nov 17, 2008
    North Carolina
    ahhh!!!! this is my second attempt at hatching eggs, first time really went WAY wrong....but i think i did everything right this time, except for humidty..!!!!! and i hear a chirp!!!! oh YEAAAA! im using an LG still air...When is the earliest one of your eggs has hatched? should i open the top and put something wet in their? thanks [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 23, 2009
  2. Gizzard

Gizzard New Egg

Mar 14, 2009
    Asheville, NC
    One of mine pipped on day 20 but it didnt make it. chirping is a good sign. Good luck.

3. oodymex

Nov 17, 2008
    North Carolina
    thanks! i hope minez makes it.

4. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    You need to get your humidity up if it is still low. Use one of the ventilation holes to get some water in. You could use a straw or aquarium tubing. Good Luck [​IMG]

5. GaNewChick

GaNewChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    McDonough, Ga.
    IMPORTANT ~ don't open the top. Do you have a way to squirt some warm water down in the vent holes to bring your humidity back up?

Good luck!

6. oodymex

Nov 17, 2008
    North Carolina
    okay so i used some of that aquarium tubing thing and manage to put more water in, ahhh now wat?

7. GaNewChick

Mar 12, 2009
    McDonough, Ga.
    Keep your humidity intact, watch your temp, and keep the lid on. What day are you on?

Edit...see day 19 in the title. Only thing left to do right now is wait it out.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2009
  8. oodymex

Nov 17, 2008
    North Carolina
    im a very impatient person.... mother nature needs to get a move on....lol [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. oodymex

Nov 17, 2008
    North Carolina
    oh mann!!! it pipped!!! i saw the egg shell break open.. a little opening, but it pipped! ohhh i hope it makes it! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 22, 2009
  10. GaNewChick

Mar 12, 2009
    McDonough, Ga.
    [​IMG]

Remember when it hatches, don't open the lid. Leave it alone until all the others have hatched or you are sure that any remaining ones won't hatch. And keep a watch on the humidity, you might have to add more warm water to keep it at the correct level.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by