1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

OMG FINCH WAS HANGING UPSIDE DOWN FOR MAYBE HOURS HELP!!

Discussion in 'Caged Birds - Finches, Canaries, Cockatiels, Parro' started by Coturnix Quail, Oct 30, 2016.

1. Coturnix Quail

Coturnix Quail Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2016
    OK OK, BEFORE YOU ASK I AM AWARE NOT TO GIVE FINCHES STRING OR IT GETS CAUGHT IN THEIR FEET. SO I HAD A LITTLE THING MADE FROM A SOCK, AND THEY PULLED SOME STRING AND I WAS LIKE OH WELL, BUT THEN, TODAY I WOKE UP AND CHECKED ON THEM AND THEN I SAW THAT MY MALE ZEBRA PIKACHU WAS HANGING UPSIDE DOWN WITH NO SUPPORT UNDER HIM!! HIS LEG WAS ALL RED, SO I QYUCKLY GOT A NAIL CUTTER AND CUT HIM OUT, BUT I COULDNT GET A SMALL PIECE OFF HIS FOOT. HES NOT EVEN TAME AND HE WAS SO TIRED HE SAT IN MY HAND AND CLOSED HIS EYES. I SET HIM BACK ON HIS CAGE FLOOR, AND NOW HES BALANCING ON A FOOD CONTAINER. WILL HE GET BETTER?! HELP!!!

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    He should be okay, but you need to get the small piece off of his foot or it may cut off circulation. If necessary get someone to help you.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
  3. Coturnix Quail

Coturnix Quail Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2016
    Ok thank you. The piece of string slipped off :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by