1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

OMG!!!! Getting a Mille Fleur!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Hanh3197, Jun 24, 2011.

1. Hanh3197

Hanh3197 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2011
    Bay Area
    Yay!!!!! I'm now getting Mille fleur d'uccle chicks!!!! I was planning on only getting 5 chickens total........
    but hey they're just too irresistible [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Anyone own Mille Fleurs and want to tell me a little about them?
    I hear they're REALLY SWEEEEET [​IMG]

2. XxKiki_Bantam_BreederxX

XxKiki_Bantam_BreederxX Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Michigan
    Sweetest and smartest chickens (IMO) there are. Mine responded to tricks such as up, lay, walk, and pose! And every time I was outside she would fly on my shoulder until I carried her in my arms. RIP.
    I also have a 'wild' roo. He was given to us at 2 years...just left in a barn with no attention from humans except to feed. Now he's best pals with out neighbor's cat. He follows that tom everywhere and tries to snuggle up to him. [​IMG]

All in all the best birds I've EVER had. [​IMG]

Congrats![​IMG]

3. hlf1996

hlf1996 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    California
    Very sweet and beautiful!!! They are also very lovable [​IMG]

4. Hanh3197

Jun 9, 2011
    Bay Area
    Awwww how adorable! [​IMG]
    Making me more and more excited! :woo [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 25, 2011
  5. Titania

Titania Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2010
    Oklahoma City
    you're making me jealous![​IMG]
    We loved my first d'uccle from a hatchery. As things often happen, disaster struck in the form of a racoon and we lost our beloved Chloe. She was everyone's favorite! All the children on the street would come by to play with her after school. What a gentle, docile, sweetie! And so beautiful!!!

Since we lost her, have been trying to place another d'uccle pullet in my flock but keep ending up with boys! [​IMG] Don't get me wrong, my boys have been super lovely and so tame, but I can't keep them!! So I have to give them away after raising them for all those months. But I think it says alot about the breed that I keep trying and trying!

good luck to you![​IMG]

6. Animalian

Animalian Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2011
    Australia
    I just got a D'uccle a few days ago, I used to think my faverolle was sweet but she took a little while to tame. This d'uccle is insta friendly!

7. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    I picked out a single Mille Fleur from the farm store and I brought home a girl! Lucky me! Muffin is great, she is the first one to run up to me in the coop and she's only 9 weeks old. When muffin walks away I can make a kissy noise and she runs right back to me. My d'uccle is constantly on my lap when I sit in the coop.[​IMG]

8. koakritters

koakritters Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2011
    Petaluma
    i've got 2, the hen is so sweet, the roo, well he's a monster!!!!! LOL typical roo.... i'm just glad he doesn't have spurs or i'd be in trouble! I didn't get him as a baby though, so idk how much he was handled.

9. Hanh3197

Jun 9, 2011
    Bay Area
    Oh I'm falling in love with this breed! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Getting them WEDNESDAY!!!!!! :woo [​IMG]
    I will SOOOOO post pics of the little fuzz butts [​IMG]
    Also getting little SERAMAS on the same day! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. AlienChick

AlienChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2010
    Glasgow, KY
    I absolutely LOVE my little d'Uccle. [​IMG]

She's the SWEETEST little thing I've ever seen.

Each morning when I let the chickens out, she stands at my feet waiting to be picked up.

If I don't pick her up fast enough, she tries to fly up to my arm or shoulder.

I carry her around with me while I'm doing my chicken chores.

She fits in the palm of my hand or under my armpit. [​IMG]

My daughter (who previously had NO interest in chickens) has asked that "we" breed more d'Uccles!

YOU WILL LOVE THIS BREED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by