1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

OMG! Gryeyes (Linda) you have to read this!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gritsar, Jan 7, 2011.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    As you know, Mercy's eggs were dead. So I cleaned up the bator and put it away.

Tonight DH helped me candle my other broody's eggs. We didn't see anything, so we brought one in the house and cracked it open. Don't think they are good either, but I have six more eggs to set under her.

I was getting ready to go out to the coop to make the switch when DH asked me where my bator was, so I told him and asked why?

He said let's set some eggs in bator! [​IMG]

He's now carefully monitoring the temp. on the bator and walking around with the instruction manual in his hand, mumbling things about humidity. [​IMG]

What have you done with my chicken hating husband????? [​IMG]

2. Hillbilly Hen

Hillbilly Hen Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2009
    Newaygo Michigan
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. HHandbasket

HHandbasket The Chickeneer

Quote:Oh my heavens, YOUR husband, too??? I mean, we don't have roos or anything, but once my own DH saw Gryeyes' brooder full of little lovelies, he started shopping for a bator. I got him a small one for Christmas, and we couldn't even wait until the weekend to get some fertile eggs. We went to Trader Joe's yesterday or the day before and set them... I am not sure anymore, been working a lot & the days are starting to run together.

We laugh about this whole bloody thing being Linda's fault.

4. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Wait, it gets even better!

I went out to get the broody's remaining eggs and DH once again stopped me.

He wants me to wait until the morning to give "his" bator time to adjust and then he wants me to set fresh eggs straight from the coop.

I don't know whether to [​IMG] or [​IMG]

5. HHandbasket

HHandbasket The Chickeneer

Honey, ya gotta just laugh it off.

Besides, in our case this is kinda nice because now we have a hobby we both like. I could totally do without getting into hatching just yet, but he's determined so why fight it?

That old saying, "If ya can't beat 'em, join 'em" is actually the secret to a long and happy marriage. [​IMG]

6. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    [​IMG] Hes been bitten by the chicken bug...
    Its the silkies..i'm telling ya..

7. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Oh how I wish the silkies eggs were big enough to set in the bator, but they only started laying a couple weeks ago. I'd love to have a few more of the little aliens running around. [​IMG]

8. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

My job is done. < satisfied smirk >

Now, who else can I infect????

9. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks &amp; Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    [​IMG]

10. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks &amp; Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Okay, so what kind of tricks do you have up your sleeve for getting me some new living room furniture? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by