OMG! HELP!!!!!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Daddas1Punkin, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Daddas1Punkin

Daddas1Punkin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2012
    Ca.
    Used Hartz flea drops on cats and a lot of people are saying it's poisonous!!! What do I do?!?!?!?

2. Get a warm wet rag and rub it off

3. Daddas1Punkin

Feb 9, 2012
    Ca.
    I did thanks. I am seriously hysterical right now from reading stories of what has happened to cats that someone used Hartz on. Now my mom and I are fighting too. I am having one of the worst nights of my life right now! I am terrified to loose my babies, and she doesn't seem to understand my panic. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4. dainerra

dainerra Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    washing the area with dawn is the best way to remove all of the chemical. Dawn dissolves the oils better than soap. Call your vet int he morning and don't panic.
    Even though the potential problems are scary, they are still pretty rare considering how many animals it is used on. Call your vet and/or a pet poison control center (I think they all charge $$ to talk to you) and ask what symptoms to watch for.

5. Daddas1Punkin

Feb 9, 2012
    Ca.
    Thank you so much! I think i will. It probably would've happened already anyways. They are all well this morning. I still will call when they open to ask, but I feel much better seeing them running around like they usually do! Happy new years!

6. Peaches Lee

Peaches Lee Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Ditto to using Dawn dish soap.

7. duckluck

duckluck Dulcimyrh Ducks

Oct 22, 2009
    Illinois
    Dawn dish soap works better for fleas on cats than anything else, and you don't have to worry about the fleas developing resistance to chemicals. But do give them a few baths to be sure you get them all off, including any hatching eggs.

8. Daddas1Punkin

Feb 9, 2012
    Ca.
    Thanks
    Thanks!

9. Daddas1Punkin

Feb 9, 2012
    Ca.
    Thanks everybody! They're doing fine. It's been over 24 hours since we put it on them, and about 18 hours since we tried getting it off... I'm sure they will be fine, but we will never use Hartz again! That is super scary all the stories I've heard...

10. Daddas1Punkin

Feb 9, 2012
    Ca.
    Oh, and P.S. I'm calling them tomorrow to chew them out! They messed with the DEAD WRONG animal lover! I'll be like= [​IMG][​IMG] and they'll be like=[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by