omg huge egg day in my coop!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by shadowpaints, Jun 23, 2011.

1. shadowpaints

shadowpaints Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Rigby, Idaho
    went out to check for eggs after chores and found my normal 8 eggs PLUS these 2 HUGE ones!
    [​IMG]
    the other two on either side of each egg are their normal sized eggs!

the 2 big ones are SIX inches around!

[​IMG]

im loving it! [​IMG]

2. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    Those are gigantic! [​IMG] I bet they're double yolkers, maybe even triple yolkers! How old are your hens? I hope my girls start getting to work soon! They are 16 weeks today, shouldn't be long now. [​IMG]

3. shadowpaints

shadowpaints Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Rigby, Idaho
    sunny & the 5 egg layers :

Those are gigantic! [​IMG] I bet they're double yolkers, maybe even triple yolkers! How old are your hens? I hope my girls start getting to work soon! They are 16 weeks today, shouldn't be long now. [​IMG]

they are all almost 2 years old LOL i havent had a double yolker in a LONG time lol​

4. OUCH! Those are big. Show em off to all your friends and tell them how much better they are than store bought just to make extra jealous.

5. teamsunbelt

teamsunbelt Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    Midland, NC
    My mom has Golden Comets. Last week, she got one that weighed 98 grams. The local feed store has a contest each month for the biggest egg. Afree bag of feed to the winner. She is currently first this month.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by