1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

OMG husband opend bater (NEW Pictures :-)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Tracy the chick, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Tracy the chick

Tracy the chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2011
    Uk
    Aghhhhhhh i dont believe it! If anyones seen my original posts you will know how worried i already am! My first hatch ever! Ok i got up this morning and couldnt wait to get down stairs to see if any of my 9 eggs pipped. My husband was stood there with the lid off the bater and an egg against his ear to see if he could here anything!! I was praying it was a dream and i was still asleep! I really told him off but feel a bit guilty now because he didnt know and he cant wait till they hatch too. Ok damage already done! Will they be all dead now? He swore he only had the bater open for less then a minute. Its day 20 today...

Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
  2. Highlander

Highlander Tartan Terror

Oct 1, 2008
    Prague
    It should be ok if there are no pips. I've seen broody hens leave the nest on day 21 and still hatch out chicks. Breathe. It will be fine!

3. Tracy the chick

Aug 28, 2011
    Uk
    Aw Thank you [​IMG] Because he had already had bater open i filled the channels up again as they were really low....

4. Delilah1337

Delilah1337 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2011
    Spirit Lake, Idaho
    I opened mine up last night because my turner (I have a staggered hatch) was sounding odd, I got lucky and now my little egg is beginning to peck her way out to me :) I think you will be fine like the others said, just keep hubby occupied in the mean time ;)

5. Sphinx

Sphinx Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    Utah

X2. I totally agree.

I know this has been a stressful hatch with all of the craziness that's happened, but they'll be fine. Besides, if the channels were really low, it probably would've had to be opened anyway.

1 person likes this.
  6. Tracy the chick

Aug 28, 2011
    Uk
    Thanks guys your the best:) i feel a bit better now and so does my husband! Hes been and bought me a brinsea brooder lol.. I keep checking for pips or a noise but theres nothing!:/ day 21 tomorrow at 10.30 am. So will kerp fingers crossed. Ive got there little bedroom all ready too...Thanks again...Tracy..xx

7. Highlander

Highlander Tartan Terror

Oct 1, 2008
    Prague
    We'll be anxiously checking for updates!

8. Tracy the chick

Aug 28, 2011
    Uk
    Ha ha dont worry ill be keeping you updated lol.. You will be sick of me;)... Im sat next to this incubater like a woman posessed lol... Ive got 1 white egg which is a surprise (apparantly for my birthday) and i cant stop looking at it waiting for it to move :D ive got 8 other eggs which are mixed marans....

9. chickenlover91

chickenlover91 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2011
    I hope they survive! IM sure they will:) Praying for them!

10. Tracy the chick

Aug 28, 2011
    Uk
    Im on day 21 and nothing:/ ive read on here a lot of peoples chicks arrive on day 20 or atleast pip on day 20 should i be worried? On day 18 when i candled all seemed to be moving.. Should i candle to see if they have internally pipped? Im going to my local reptile store to by a humidity reader, im sure this is the problem as i dont know what my humidity is! Omg women obsessed!;)

Plus my husband thinks he's in the dog-house if they dont hatch :-0

Last edited: Jan 24, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by