1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

OMG I am selling my house!!!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by AK_Button_Mama, Jan 26, 2009.

1. AK_Button_Mama

AK_Button_Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2008
    Wasilla, Alaska
    I cant believe it I just contacted the realtor I am going to list my house with!!!!! I am SOOO excited!!!! wish me luck for a speedy sell so I can buy a FARM!!!!!!!

and to think that me babysitting a duo of button quail for my daughters teacher started this!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    best wishes and hope you get just what you are looking for. [​IMG]

3. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    [​IMG] If you are happy, then I am DELIGHTED for you!!!!!

Hope it sells fast, but hope you find the perfect farm at the same time!! [​IMG]

Keep me posted! [​IMG]

4. Irajoe

Irajoe Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2009
    South Carolina
    Very happy for you...best of luck with the sale! [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. willowcol

willowcol Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Macclesfield NC
    Good luck!!!!!!!

6. Poohbear

Poohbear On a Time Out

Nov 12, 2008
    Texas
    Always visit the neighbors on a week-end before buying. That will help you decide what kind of fence you will need at your new home. jmo

7. wasatusay

wasatusay Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2008
    South Carolina
    I hope the market there is better than in NC. Don't let the buyers bully you into dropping your price lower than your asking.
    I have a house in NC on 10 acres that has not sold in over 12 months. But I will not drop my price 60k under appraisal value (bad market value). Make sure you have a Realtor who is looking out for your interest and not their pocket. Don't be afraid to get rid of a crappy Realtor either. Remember they are working for YOU.

8. AK_Button_Mama

AK_Button_Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2008
    Wasilla, Alaska
    I am hoping to sell for $280,000.00 but can go as low as 250.000 I cant go any lower than that!!! thw house is worth more by far!!! anyway!!! our market is extremely healthy!!! I live in a area with allot of military and I think that is who we will target too!!! I just wanna farm!!!!flippin chickens!!!!! I have to thank Tori for the button quail again she made it all possible!!!! HUGS To tori!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

OH and to find a home for 60 thousand here would be BLISS!!!!! cheapest liveable house here is around 180.000 I would totally buy your 10 acre farm for that!!!!

Last edited: Jan 26, 2009
  9. Smoky73

Smoky73 Lyon Master

Feb 8, 2007
    Colorado
    I think he said 60K under appraisal value, not total price. [​IMG]

Now MY house was 60K when we bought it. Now appraised at 120K, but that was BEFORE new windows, siding and insulation

10. jab91864

jab91864 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2007
    Northern Michigan
    LOL... enjoyed the post and wish you the best !!!

Julie [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by