OMG! I can't believe what my SO said today!!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by gritsar, Jul 16, 2008.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    This is the man that initially said I could have only a few chickens. Then it was okay to have 25 chickens only (I wound up with 18 total), but I had to promise to always collect my eggs promptly to avoid any accidental hatchings. Then when I would ask him to come and sit with me outside to watch "chicken TV" he would tell me he wasn't interested in watching a bunch of **** chickens peck around the yard. Yet for the last three days he's been doing just that. So what does he say while we were watching chicken TV this evening? He said "you know I think it would be really cute to see one of your hens walking around with her own chicks" [​IMG]
    Slowly but surely he's coming over to the dark side! [​IMG]
    Can ducklings and goslings be far behind?!? [​IMG]

2. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    [​IMG] YAYYYYYYYYYY!!! LOL

3. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    My hubby loves watching chicken tv with me too! [​IMG] Gotta love that!

4. lauralou

lauralou Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2007
    Central Virginia
    My husband has the funniest way of putting things...

Shortly after we got our first chickens, we are standing out in the run, and he says, "You know, people all over the world keep chickens. But I just never knew how enjoyable it could be."

I thought that was so sweet!

5. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    My DH told me I could have them but he would not take care of them. He now goes out every night before me and takes care of them. I think he's looking for the first egg so he can say he found it. I'll hurt him bad if he does. [​IMG] Little does he know when he goes to work in the morning I'm right out there checking. [​IMG]

We also likes to sit outside and watch chicken TV.

6. seismic wonder2

seismic wonder2 I got mad ninja skills

Feb 3, 2007
    san diego ca
    Chick-o-vision

I call it The Muppet Show [​IMG]

7. MsBentleyboy

MsBentleyboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2008
    Kentucky girl
    My hubby was all for me having chickens but said I would have to clean the coop, feed the chickens and do all the other chores. He acted as though he wasn't thrilled about the whole idea and said I had chicken fever because that's all I talked about for 2 months prior to getting our first chickens. On the evening that they arrived it was "HIS" idea to walk down to the chicken house with a flashlight to peek in the windows at them. He wanted to know if the chickens were on their roost, and they were.

Once we started getting eggs, he wanted me to wait and let him go with me to collect the egg because it was "his turn". It's funny how family members can catch the fever.

My hubby even took pictures to work of the chicken coop, chickens, and babies.

I had no idea they would be so entertaining and I would get attached to them. I thought if I ended up with a bunch of roosters I would just cull them. Now I don't have the heart.

8. robinaggie

robinaggie Flew the Coop

May 25, 2008
    Texas
    I'm still all alone in my chicken luv. My friends thinks I'm crazier than ever in my old age. [​IMG]

9. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    He has been assimilated. Resistance, obviously, was futile.

10. GRAM49

GRAM49 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2008
    Indiana
    I have one of those amazing hubby's too. He encouraged me from the first and now cares for them 90% of the time. He feeds them and puts them in the run early and if I am late coming home puts them back in the hen house. I get a chance to feed and water on the weekends if I am fast enough. Every day he comes up with a new story about who did what today. He is always working on a new idea to make them more comfortable. This morning he put in a fan so it would be cooler when they come in tonight. What a gem!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by