OMG.. I could have lost all of my silkies

BBK

Songster
10 Years
Apr 14, 2009
upstate NY
DS forgot to close the door on my silkie coop last night, so they all jumped out...At what time? i don't know.

When i went out this morning to feed them, they were already out! I only saw 4 out of the 5..... I ran back into the house to have my son get dress and help me find out what happened to lil buff girl.
duc.gif

when we got out back, Ben realized that he didn't close the door, the lock was still on top of the coop and the door wide open. and my lil buff was on the bottom of the fuzz pile..thank goodness...
clap.gif

They were, for the first time GLAD to see me... usually not so much...and they came to me to be put in their coop....
yippiechickie.gif

They must have been out there ALL night long, poor babies. I have an umbrella at the end on their run, b/c they're not the smartest bird in the flock and stay out in the rain...and we've been getting lots of rain here....

But they were all under the umbrella, which probably saved their lives from predator from the sky.... hawks everywhere, and those big turkey vulture things. I had one of them flying really low a few weeks back, they're BIG birds....
hide.gif

They're safe and sound now, but boy....it could have been so bad...
barnie.gif

melinda

so glad your babies are o.k. - when I do head counts at night before closing the door to the coop I always have to lift up the silkies to find the one on bottom to make sure they are all there. Stink'n Silkies.

me too! I only have three silkies but It still happends and I have a lonely chick that hangs out with them and I find it hiding under them... and they are all roos. how weird is that?

must be something in the air. Last night I forgot to close the door for my lavender orps and mottled javas, which are sharing a pen right now... Walked around the corner this morning and saw them all out on the lawn and just about fainted. They were all there, just minding their business... thank goodness!

I'm glad that everyone else has been through the same thing....you know what I mean... not going through it, but that it came out ok in the end.

I'm in good company I see too..lol

I thought it was a big cat at the end of the run, just waiting for them to come out... Until i got a little closer and one of the blacks popped his head up.... then I was a freak!!!
barnie.gif

I can't get around to well, recuperating from an ankle operation..... BUT I moved pretty fast this morning....
ya.gif

Melinda

Back
Top Bottom