OMG!!! I FOUND A CHICK IN THE PARKINGLOT OF MY ORTHODONTIST** PICS****

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by shmooborp, Jun 12, 2008.

1. shmooborp

shmooborp artistic fowlism

OK..! so i was at the orthodontist getting my braces tightened and my Dr. was asking me my plans for the summer, and i was telling her about the FFA fair, and she was like what? and so i explaned what FFA was and that i am doing a chicken project. so we talked and talked . after it was over, i when out to go get in the car, and all the sudden i hear this ... peep.. pep.....PEEEP..peep..ep.p...p. and i turn around and think " i know that sound!" so i look around and the peeping gets louder and louder.. and as i turn a corner i see this little white puff . i pic it up and it quiet downs. i look around the area and i find no other chicks or a mama hen. it cant be more than a fewdays old. then i go back to where i found it, and see a a little plastic bag. i look inside and there were little chick poops! some one dumped the poor thing. so ofcorse i couldnt leave it there. so now its in a brooder with 2 other bittys, all i know is its a liitle feather footed, standard size, and its white with yellow beek and comb, but the comb dosent look like a single. its wierder. i sexed it as a girl. so i named it ms. lucky-pants. to day was an eventful day. but i thought it was wierd that i was talking to my Dr. about chickens, and not 10min later i find a baby chick... coinsidence ??? i dont know.. but its cute [​IMG] sry for the long post.. LOL

Last edited: Jun 12, 2008
  2. FloridaChickenChick

FloridaChickenChick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Lake County, Florida
    Hooray for Ms. Lucky Pants! I'm so glad you found her!

I do NOT understand people who just dump animals. Perhaps it was an accident or something, although transporting a chick in a plastic bag just seems dumb.

3. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Awwww.....so glad you found the little sweetie and she is alright. Pics???? [​IMG]

Perhaps it was an accident or something, although transporting a chick in a plastic bag just seems dumb.

Sounds like maybe they bought it as food at a reptile store and it fell out of the car or something?​

4. Alaska animal lover

Alaska animal lover Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2008
    Palmer, Alaska
    WHY can't I ever find anything??[​IMG]

5. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    Lucky chick. Glad it escaped the plastic bag and you found it:)

6. shmooborp

shmooborp artistic fowlism

it was probrobly the wierdest thing i have ever experianced... well mabye not the wierdest.. but its up there. lol.. im gonna go do a photo shoot of her and post it to see what u guys think.. shes a sweetheart!

7. heritagebirds

heritagebirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Eastern Shore MD
    That is great, I am glad the little chicky found you...

8. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    Quote:HAHAHA!!!!! No kidding!!!! Who in the world finds a baby chicken at their orthodontist!!!! LOL!!!! Too funny!! Ms. Lucky Pants!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. s6bee

s6bee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    Western, NY
    That's a wierd way to find a chick. Who finds baby chicks in the Orthodontists parking lot [​IMG]

10. chickensista

chickensista Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2008
    CT
    How many teeth did you have to fork over to the tooth fairy for that!!! You are both lucky ducks. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by