OMG....I got my first egg today!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Mac Momma, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Mac Momma

Mac Momma Crabgrass Queen

Apr 27, 2008
    North Georgia
    My husband said I should bronze it, as it is the only $500 egg he has ever seen! [​IMG]
    Luv him, I do!
    I have three hens, so I don't know who laid it, but they laid it in the nest box like a good little bird! [​IMG]

2. LilBizzy

LilBizzy Chicken Storyteller

May 20, 2008
    Maryland
    Isn't it egg-citing? Even I got excited at our first egg! And I still like going in and seeing 3 or 4 eggs in the nestboxes. In another month or so, we will have 7 more laying!!

3. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    LOL!!! Congratulations!!! I remember that day too, I thought my husband had put an egg in the nesting box as a joke!!! [​IMG]

4. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    Congrats, first eggs are very exciting. I hear ya about the 500.00 egg. LOL. Ya gotta love them tho. The chicks that is.[​IMG]

5. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] CONGRATS! How old are your girls? I have three 18 week olds. I'm hoping they'll be laying soon! [​IMG]

ETA: My DH sounds like your DH! I think the $500 comment will be the first out of my DH's mouth too....

Last edited: Sep 6, 2008
  6. Mac Momma

Mac Momma Crabgrass Queen

Apr 27, 2008
    North Georgia
    They are between 20 and 24 weeks, as i got them from a lady who wasn't certain, as she has so many. My roo has been crowing about three weeks ago and has been actively doing his manly duty about the past two weeks. So, if that gives you any idea!

7. max13077

max13077 Chillin' With My Peeps

YAH Baby!!!!![​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    SO what type of birds do you have and how old are the hens [​IMG]

LOL never mind! I should have read first...seen it was already listed [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 6, 2008
  9. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    Getting that first egg is soo eggciting! Congrats. I remember literally going out to the coop multiple times each day looking for that first egg. [​IMG]

I still get excited getting eggs now, and it's been a year. It's just so cool to know that you have fresh eggs waiting every day.

My husband said the same thing... [​IMG] But, he actually encouraged me to get more chickens this year and he added onto the coop so we could do it.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by