OMG...I HATE collection agencies.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by rodriguezpoultry, Dec 12, 2009.

1. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    So I finally got paid and was able to pay off my overdue account balance for a certain credit card company.

I paid it off and have been receiving phone calls ever since. Today, the phone calls starting at 6AM today. They have called 7 times today. I finally answered the phone call and was told that I had to pay another $146 to get out of collections. YET, my account says that my minimum payment is $0.00.

I have been unable to speak to ANYONE from the US. I have talked to:

Someone from Jamaica who called me a slacker, I called him a moron.

Someone from the Middle East who claimed they were from Canada. uh...yeah.

Someone from an Asian country show claimed she was from the US.

I asked for a US number, got it and talked to a guy who said "Well if you wanted to talk to someone in the US, you should have dialed the US number." Hello! The number is listed for US and Canada.

I told them I would talk to someone from Capital One because I saw no reason for me to have to pay another $146 to get out of collections, especially since my account reflects that I owe nothing...

Sorry...had to vent. It has been fun cursing, name-calling and hanging up mid-sentence with them though...

2. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    I know they break the law... but I think that legally collection agencies are only supposed to call 3 times a day max?!

3. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Who can I contact to have them dealt with???? Do you know? 6AM REALLY ticked me off.

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

They sure do break the law - all the time. Like harassment ever got a bill paid faster.

5. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    If you have the receipt that it has been paid in full, then those collection agencies are breaking the law and tell them to call your lawyer LOL!

Oh the nerve of these US companies outsourcing telemarketers and collection agencies overseas! They are not always "on top of things".

6. Candachan

Candachan Out Of The Brooder

Dec 12, 2009
    Omaha
    I dispise Capital One! [​IMG]

I paid off my account with them completely and was going to close the account, so they charged me a $40 "membership fee" and said I would have to pay it before closing anything. I huffed and puffed and eventually got them to remove the charge and close the account, but it was a giant pain in the butt.

Just be persistant, and make sure if anyone on the phone says they have done anything that you have a record of it, I know they will say they've removed a charge and then never do it. [​IMG]

7. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    there's a number to report them to, I know mr saddi has it somewhere in his desk, i'll ask him when he gets home.

8. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    You can tell them they are harassing you, and I think by law they have to stop calling. Good luck.

9. cluckychick

cluckychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    South of KCMO
    Tell them you are going to file a complaint with the attorney generals office and calling your attorney.

10. redstars

redstars Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2009
    south dartmouth ma
    Next time they call tell them that this call is being recorded for your records and make sure you ask
    their name and whom they work for. I would bet they won't get too far out of line.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by