1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

OMG!!!!! I have a broody, how do I do this??

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Armageddon, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Armageddon

Armageddon Songster

Feb 3, 2010
    Southern California
    I am so excited!!! [​IMG]

My little banty is broody, she hasn't been off the next for 3 days, even though I moved her and took her eggs away....

So today, I selected the nicest of today's eggs (6) I marked them and let her keep them!!

Is there anything else I should do for mama?

Thanks!

2. willjal

willjal In the Brooder

Jul 24, 2010
    Tuscaloosa
    Seperate her from the rest of the flock and let her handle it. She'll do fine.

3. luvchicks8

luvchicks8 Songster

Jul 1, 2009
    new Hampshire
    Nope just keep an eye on mama that she still is eating and drinking pooping ok as mine won't do any on her own while seting. I had to remove her to poop then she would eat drink a little and go back sit again. Good luck:)

4. Armageddon

Armageddon Songster

Feb 3, 2010
    Southern California
    How do I separate her? Will she stay if I move her? I could block off the box she is in from the others....

It would be better if I could move her....to another box....but will taht upset her?

5. math ace

math ace Crowing

Dec 17, 2009
    Jacksonville, FL
    I didn't do anything special for mine until the last 4 days before due date. At that point I moved her and the eggs into our dog carrier in the house. I would of moved her into our bitty / broody cage, but it was full of chicks I had special ordered.

When she was with the rest of the flock and got of her nest to go eat or drink, another hen would hop up there and lay an egg. So make sure you have marked the eggs you want to hatch, because you may get additional eggs during the next few weeks.

GOOD LUCK - - -

6. luvchicks8

luvchicks8 Songster

Jul 1, 2009
    new Hampshire
    I just moved mine into carrier also.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by