OMG!! I have Pips!! NOW NEW BABIES!!

4hchknmama

Songster
10 Years
Jan 25, 2009
Monroe, WA
Ok, I am so excited and had to share. This is my first time incubating. I built a little homemade incubator and purchased some local eggs and today is day 20 and I have gotten 3 pips in the passt 45 minutes!! I have a couple of little chirpers in there as well. I am so thrilled!! It is even better that it is happening now as my 7 year old son is home and is off school tomorrow! YAY!!
celebrate.gif
clap.gif
ya.gif
woot.gif
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Last edited:
I know I was excited when I had my first hatch! Congrats on the hatch! What kind of chicks did you hatch out? Oh yeah and so you know, incubating is very, very, Addicting!

Mike The Rooster Man

Thanks everyone for sharing in my enthusiasm!

crazzzymike13, I am hatching out a crossbreed Pearl White Leghorn/RIR/Barred Rock cross. So, just some mutt chickens, but, now that I know my little bator works, I can move on to some of the purebreds that I want, and yes, I can tell this is going to be something that is EXTREMELY addicting. My DH and I are already starting plans for a large coop and a couple more smaller coops as well
smile.png

Way to go!!! I have 3 that have pipped so far but one was pipped a tiny bit between 8:15-9:15 this morning. I am sick so just went too bed for an hour and got up and it had pipped but hasn't done another thing since then. Tomorrow will be day 21 and this is my first hatch. My daughter told me too be patient. PATIENT! what's that when you having babies.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom