OMG I Have this chicken aversion thing..

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by HennysMom, Dec 4, 2008.

1. HennysMom

HennysMom Keeper of the Tiara

[​IMG] Okay... so - for years now raw chicken has always been this thing with me - any poultry really thats raw - I just never liked to handle it, clean it, etc. Cooking it, I could tolerate it but I made one of these faces [​IMG] while doing so. EATING It was another story - I grew up on chicken.. I LOVE chicken - just not the dark meat and no chicken on a bone (yeah..weird I know...) but only the breast meat. Eggs - same thing - I could eat them but only if I picked that "thing" out, I call it the umbilical cord LOL - ANYWAY *gagging here and trying not to* - never eat fried eggs ever - I can do omlettes and scrambled but that "THING" has got to go! [​IMG]

So - for like a year now this, what I"m calling an "aversion" has gotten stronger and stronger - and I've eaten less and less chicken and it STINKS - and this was BEFORE we got our birds! I LOVE CHICKEN! [​IMG] Last night, made chicken breasts for dinner (boneless skinless) and I tried..I really did... I even blocked it out of my head thinking "okay..mind over matter, you love chicken Deb..you REALLY do... you just ate chicken tenders the other night in your salad..and loved it!" Took a bite...and almost lost my cookies! Onto hubby's plate it went! [​IMG]

I had this happen once before with hamburger when I was pregnant with my daughter and I can gaurentee I am so NOT pregnant (no "plumbing" LOL!) [​IMG]

So anyone else have this happen with a particular food or am I just very strange here? I'm blown away and its not just chicken...I've discovered I cant eat tuna fish either and I ADORE tunafish! [​IMG]

I'm livin' on PB&J but mostly just the PB part *sighs*

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 4, 2008
  2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Go get a bucket of chicken tenders from KFC.

That should cure you of your aversion.

It's all mental.

3. HennysMom

so NOT funny LOL

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

4. Mahonri

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Sorry,

I once ate an entire bottle of dill pickles. They seemed so delicious at the time.

That night I puked all of them out.

Haven't had a dill pickle since and its been 35 years.

How's that for an aversion... I even pick the pickles out of drivein hamburgers.

5. HennysMom

Oh I so do not order pickles on my burgers so I'm with ya on that one.. now... GARLIC pickles I can eat..but dill? [​IMG] yuk...

I'm really stumped here, I mean..I had a fried chicken salad at Applebees LOL and I ATE IT... it was terrific... no problems.... [​IMG] I make a killer chicken salad with grapes and honey...I LOVE IT... I even ate turkey on Thanksgiving - but then... halfway thru my meal I LOOKED at it and uh oh... I had to eat with my eyes closed [​IMG] my stomach started to turn and I had to literally choke it down, and that was all she wrote.. I was done for.

[​IMG] I'm dumb LOL I just dont get it... my brain says one thing (that I love poultry) but my stomach says another...

ETA: MY all time favorite chicken meal? Chinese orange chicken with veggie lo-mein! I could eat it 24/7! UGH! I'm DYIN here! LOL

6. Mahonri

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Guess you don't have much choice but to go with your stomach.[​IMG]

7. chicken_boy_Kurt

chicken_boy_Kurt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    The "umbilical cord" is not that. I learned about it when I learned about embryology in 4-H but now my mind's drawing a blank. I do know that it is completely fine to eat. If I can remember I'll come back and tell you.

8. HennysMom

chicken boy - LMBO - if that was a fertile egg...that thing would feed the "chicken" / keeps the "chicken" attached to the "white" sorta like a baby attached to the placenta... so to me..its the umbilical cord! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Its comin' outta the egg before it hits my lips... sorry LOL!

9. chicken_boy_Kurt

chicken_boy_Kurt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    Quote:If you're talkign about the squiggly white thing... they don't feed the chicken.

10. HennysMom

in MY mind... thats what it looks like and therefore..thats what it is...

its gotta come out.. ROFL!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by