OMG! I hope this wasn't bred on purpose!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by bossynbella, Jul 1, 2011.

1. bossynbella

bossynbella Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2007
    Iowa
    Was looking on Craigslist and saw this add.

These puppies r 8 weeks old n need forever homes.....I have 2 female puppies that r ready to go..they have had their dewclaws removed..they r eating puppy food just fine..the mother is shicion-shi tzu n bishon freese. father is rot/lab, but he is only about 30#..so they will b medium dogs i believe...i am askin a $35 rehoming to ensure they go to good homes...they r very lovin n get along with kids n other dogs great...they get really excited when seeing others ...u may call (deleted the number) for any ?s u may have...i would like to have new homes for these pups sooner than later...thank u ..the ones that i have r the black with white on them

The picture shows some very cute black pups with white on there faces and chests, and a white one.
    I am hoping this was an accidental breeding, though even then, how irresponsible do you have to be to allow this to happen, they are lucky there girl didn't die whelping these pups.

2. dutchhollow

dutchhollow Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2008
    SW IA
    IMO, whenever you have a mixed breed female of breeding age (over 6 months) intact in your house, and it becomes pregnant, it was on purpose.

3. bossynbella

Aug 11, 2007
    Iowa
    I hear you there, I also feel like they are lying about the weight of the dad in order to sell the pups, because I have never met a lab or a rot who only weighed 35lbs much less a mix of the two. I just meant I hope they didn't set out to breed these two dogs together, though I agree they are at fault weather it was on purpose or an accident. Some people don't deserve to own dogs

4. GlitterKitty

GlitterKitty Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2009
    Wow! Thats just plain stupidity... not to mention the text talk, "shicion-shi tzu n bishon freese" I don't even think those are spelt right!!

5. Jamie_Dog_Trainer

Jamie_Dog_Trainer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    Washington State
    I'd say they probably really have NO idea what the dad is mixed with, probably look at a black and tan dog with a squarish build and assume thats the breed -- no matter what he really is and what size he is.

6. bossynbella

Aug 11, 2007
    Iowa
    Jamie I was thinking that too, but then its like why would they pick those two breeds if they want people to think the pups will stay small? I know I see odd adds on craigslist almost every day, but this one just ticked me off. They probably have no idea who the dad even is.

7. Kelebek

Kelebek Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2009
    Orange Grove, TX
    My concern is is that the grump could have been seriously injured or died from whelping these pups. Sire should never ever be bigger than the grump. I breed Nigerian Dwarf and Nubian goats, along with Dogue de Bordeaux dogs - WOW - some people are ignorant!

8. dewey

dewey Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    Agreeing that it seems like most folks with dogs/litters like these haven't a clue to what the breeds are. I've known of quite a few large breed sires & small breed females that did just fine even though you'd never think they could ever survive the birthing. I hope these pups find good homes and the dog owners get their dogs fixed.

9. carolinagirl58

carolinagirl58 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Lugoff, SC
    Sad. You know what bugs the crap out of me though? That person is not sending a text....so why can't they spell out words like "and" , "are" and "you"? I mean how long does it really take to type in a few extra letters?

Sorry...had to rant about that. Back to "r" regularly scheduled program.[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 2, 2011
  10. elevan

elevan Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

When I was a kid, my grandma had a 2 yr old female beagle that was accidentally bred by the neighbors rottie. She had 15 pups who all survived. That beagle also lived to the ripe old age of 17. Oh, and that beagle climbed on top of the wood pile so that rottie could breed her (little hussy). It happens.

The pups didn't come out much bigger than a regular beagle pup and as adults they were funny looking dogs...

Oh, I don't mean to offend (the text speak drives me crazy too) but spelt is a type of grain...think you meant spelled.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by