OMG I just bought my second Incubator!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by buttercup0884, May 9, 2011.

1. buttercup0884

buttercup0884 The Farm Girl at Twilight

Apr 30, 2011
    Ararat
    Well I did it, I just broke down and bought my second 'bator'. Hunter told me he just doesn't have the time to build a homemade one right now and I had eggs coming. Oh well at least the egg turners will continue to be used in the future Incubator.

2. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    Yeah,im now up to 3 and will be making number 4.

3. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    I bought a second one, an antique Sportsman... look at what hatched Mother's Day... just saying... don't put anything in there you don't want peeping in three weeks! LOL now THAT's a mess o' chicks! Lots of different kinds.

[​IMG]

4. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    I'm up to 3, too. Planning on getting the 4th one next month. And to think last year I had a hard time even getting one full.

5. RareBreedFancier

RareBreedFancier Surrounded by Broodies

Nov 5, 2010
    Australia :)
    When I went to buy my first 'bator second hand I came home with a pair of them. [​IMG]

I want a cabinet though. Whether I build one or buy one that will be the next 'bator I get and should be the last one too.

6. fishman65

fishman65 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2009
    flat rock
    I have two hova bators and two refrigeratorbators......now looking to make a cabinet one......this addiction is worst than drug addiction......drug addiction is shunned by the public...BUT....our addiction is loved by the public which encourages us to dive deeper into this disease and makes us sicker.....worst part is no medicine to fix this addiction......Only thing we can do is take it one day at a time..one step at a time...one hatch at a time....GOD HELP US ALL!!![​IMG]

7. Diamond Wire Farms

Diamond Wire Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2011
    Placerville, CA
    I just found a Brinsea 40 on Craigslist. That will make 3.
    Do you think my hubby will notice it?

8. Wise Woman

Wise Woman Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    The Enchanted Forest
    I have been thinking about buying an incubator for next spring and trying my hand at hatching, but you guys are scaring me![​IMG] onthespot, that is a lot of chicks! I am afraid I will end up like this if I start hatching eggs!

9. Duramaxgirl

Duramaxgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2010
    Idaho
    Well I have 2 LGs with 50 eggs each in them and I just bought these 3! I'm so excited [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    What am I going to do with the ability to set almost 600 eggs??!

10. Mgui35

Mgui35 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 25, 2010
    Sulphur Louisiana
    I have one of those and it is an absolute hatching machine. You definitely have the capacity for a high rate of chick production with those sportsman incubators.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by