1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Omg I love my chickens!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by frogbelly, Mar 20, 2016.

1. frogbelly

frogbelly New Egg

Mar 14, 2016
    Hi from Kentucky! My husband and I started off as new chicken owners in the fall of 2015. We started off with 12 girls but unfortunately learned a hard lesson in WHERE your chicks come from early on, and suffered heavy losses. We entered this spring with 5 healthy pullets: Praline, Cookie, Ginger, Coco and Chanel. They have such fun little personalities and we adore them! I've been doing mental chicken math in my head for several weeks now and finally decided on our newest additions this week. We got 3 young laying hens, 8 chicks, and 4 little ducklings (that's an extension of chicken math I guess... lol!) I'm very excited to be here and can't wait to share in the chicken love with all of you fine folks!

2. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

3. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! I'm sorry to hear you had heavy losses with your fist group :hugs It sounds like your flock is growing very well at the moment! Good luck with your new additions I'm sure you will enjoy them very much.

Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

4. bella253

bella253 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 14, 2016
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    welcome and Im in love with my girls too. We are doing the finishing touches to the coop, will post pics when we are done, but Ive enjoy them so much, its amazing how they touch your heart so quickly.

Lori

5. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    [​IMG] glad you have joined us. So sorry about the losses.

But happy all else has worked out.

I am so, so jealous of your chicken/duck math - had my heart set on enlarging my flock this year but will have to wait another year:(

Enjoy your flock, enjoy the forums.

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Sorry for the rough start but, sounds like you have put that well behind you. Welcome to Backyard chickens - may your flock flourish

7. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome on board the BYC train! I think stories of chicken maths are great - makes us all feel better! [​IMG]

CT

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by