OMG! I think I got it! I have a hatching baby!--PICS-*MORE HATCHING*

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by allanimals21, Sep 20, 2009.

1. allanimals21

allanimals21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2009
    MN
    After all my complaining about not knowing what is going on I have a hatching baby. I noticed it pipped today. I've been helping it along slowly and trying to keep the membrane moist. I can't wait to see it!

Last edited: Sep 22, 2009
  2. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    [​IMG] Why are you having to help it? Hom many eggs do you have in the bator? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    I can't wait to hear what it looks like!

4. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    Keep that bator lid closed with the humidity at least 60%. You shouldn't have to help it at all...even to keep the membrane moist.

5. allanimals21

Aug 27, 2009
    MN
    OK well...I did help it. It seemed like it was havin some troubles...Lets just hope he makes it now that he's out. I have had issues with my eggs either not developing or dieing so now that he/she is out I hope he makes it. I'm leaving it in the incubator to dry for a bit then I will put it under the lamp. There were like 12 other eggs? I just set a new batch in there yesterday too. This one is gonna be interesting. Its a mutt banty X RIR X Top hat...lmao

6. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    YEAH!! [​IMG]

When I first started hatching I was sure the chicks were having trouble and I "helped" them out a bunch. After "helping" one that wasn't ready to hatch and had not absorbed the yolk...and it died...I swore I would never do that again.

Now it's rare when I help a chick...only after it's been pipped and hasn't hatched for over 24 hours.

Good luck!!

7. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    Quote:I'm with you oldtimegator, I used to help out but I realized I was putting the other eggs in danger because every time you open the bator you are letting the humidity out and it makes it harder for the other ones to hatch.

So if you want a good hatch, sit on your hands and let nature do it's job. [​IMG]

allanimals21, it can take over 24 hours for it to hatch because they rest in between the time they are pipping and if you help to soon the veins may not have dried up and you could kill it.

Keep us updated on how they are doing. Sending good vibes your way and keep that bator closed. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] By the way I put my humidity up closer to 70 the last 3 days but that's just me.

8. allanimals21

Aug 27, 2009
    MN
    OK here is a pic. So far not other eggs hatching. I know this ain't the best pic and he/she ain't the cutest....But I think its adorable!!!
    [​IMG]

9. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    Congrats!!!

10. Freckle Face Farm

Freckle Face Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2009
    Florida
    [​IMG] too cute

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by