OMG I wish this snow would stop!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by RockyToggRanch, Apr 4, 2009.

1. RockyToggRanch

RockyToggRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2008
    Upstate NY
    I really am tired of winter this year. We had a few nice sunny days and it actually got up to 60 here. I could see almost 1/2 of my yard, but the rest was still under snow. Until today...it's snowing again. Heavy wet yukky snow. I want to get into my yard, but it's slush. My garden is calling me. It's longing for my hands to massage it into rows again. I have sooo many projects I want to get to.....

Maybe I should start some seeds inside this year.

sorry...just had to whine a little.

2. chickenbike

chickenbike Chillin' With My Peeps

I hear you.......come on spring!! Somewhere under the snow I know my garden's waiting.

3. Littlecimarron18

Littlecimarron18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2008
    Colorado
    I hate this spring time colorado weather. your wearing shorts one day and then you wake up to snow again!!! like today!!!

4. RockyToggRanch

May 22, 2008
    Upstate NY
    And those darned seed packets that say "as soon as soil can be worked" aaaahhhhh!

5. mistylady

mistylady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2008
    Ohio near Coshocton
    We're supposed to have snow in a day or two. [​IMG] My strawberry plants are in the ground and have to be covered up every night. One blueberry plant has blossoms ..... I know they are going to fall off. And my cherry trees are all starting to bud. ARGH!!!!!!

6. RockyToggRanch

May 22, 2008
    Upstate NY
    My strawberry plants just came in the mail yesterday. They're in the fridge. I hope the DH doesn't eat them. He saw the box and asked "what's that?". I said "strawberry..." and he reached for the box before I could finish saying "plants". He said "oh" all dissapointed.

My winter chore boots have sprung a leak. I have to put my right foot into a ziplock bag and then into the boot. My barn coat has only 2 buttons left. I AM NOT buying winter stuff. I will stick it out until spring! My gloves are stiffer than wood..

as soon as the soil can be worked............................

7. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    There is a swap meet tomorrow and now they say it is going to start snowing here overnight [​IMG] Now we all have to wait until next month. I was getting a Buttercup rooster. Luckily the lady is nice and keeping him for me to pick up at next month's swap.

8. MissChessy

MissChessy Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2007
    Texas
    Man, we are having some strange extreme weather around the globe. Right now, Texas is experiencing the worst drought ever! We have 50 mph winds blowing every day. I have never experienced so much wind in all my 47 years of living here. My parents are 77 and 81 and have lived here for 60 years and they have never seen such winds! It is awful. Send some snow down here! [​IMG]

9. jjthink

jjthink Overrun With Chickens

Jan 17, 2007
    New Jersey
    We borrowed some of that wind today - it is WILD out there! Afraid to let my feathered friends out. They may end up in Texas! (I can almost hear that song that goes "wind beneath your wings" playing...)
    JJ

10. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    Oh and the winds we have been having here lately remind me of when we lived down in Kansas close to the OK border. Last weekend we got 3 inches of snow that melted the next day. Then we had rain this week. It's finally drying out some of the mud and now here comes the snow again. I just hope we don't repeat last spring and summer's floods. Hopefully it will get better. They said later this week it will be in the 70's here. We just have to go through the snow tomorrow which of course is ruining a lot of people's plans for the first swap meet of the year.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by