OMG I'm SO going to hurt this man!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Hangin Wit My Peeps, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    OK I really need some opinions (especially if you work in a hotel). I have this man who is staying until November (lord help me!) and he is SOOO RUDE. Tonight he comes down to the desk and asks for the grill utensils so I gave him them. Well then he comes back in (smells of alcohol big time) and he said the grill won't work and he would not give me a chance to talk or to explain what I could do to help him. He just says over and over OH NEVER MIND! And he has been calling the desk literally EVERY 10 seconds for at least an hour or prob more saying the same things over and over again. Says he's going to call his company who is paying for his stay there and tell them this is not working out. Then I ask him if he planned on checking out tomorrow then? He says HOW DARE you ask me that. I will be speaking to your manager tomorrow to tell her that you want me to leave. UGH! THEN what really REALLY got me mad was when he says "I really hate women, is there a man who can take care of this?" SAY what ya loser! he was drunk, stupid, and RUDE...he had a lot more to say but won't bore you with my rant.

What would you do??? I'm talking to my manager tomorrow and telling HER (HAHA this makes me laugh when he finds out our manager is a SHE [​IMG]) that I will NOT be spoken to like that and will not put up with it next time (which is Friday night [​IMG] ) What else can I/should I do??? Right now what I WANT to do is strangle the man but I can't do that.

Would LOVE some opinions [​IMG]

2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Is he being threating/agressive? Call the cops if so.... if he gets in his car..call the cops...
    Otherwise you may have to grin and bear it... [​IMG]

3. the Pollo Loco

the Pollo Loco Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2009
    Santa Cruz,CA
    the word would be document. Document everything!!! wish you had a recorder.. I've been in similiar situations, many times bosses tend to gravitate to the customers because that is what they are trained to do, unless you have a manager that you know very well and believes you for your word, even then document everything. wish you the best... [​IMG]

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:Great advice... because he seems to be twisting your words..etc....
    That can be some scary stuff... [​IMG]

5. Zinnia-Hen

Zinnia-Hen Live & Let Live

Jan 29, 2011
    If you're somehow able to, I'd say get him kicked out...

6. Carols Clucks

Carols Clucks Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    I would shoot your boss an email about how this customer was behaving tonight. If your system tracks calls to the front desk, I would see if you can print that detail out as well.

By having the email to your boss, you can prove the time and issue.

He will have forgotten by the morning when he wakes up with a hang over that he was a jerk tonight.

If he was that annoying to you, makes me wonder how annoying he has been to the other patrons of the business.

If you want a laugh, today I got asked by a tenant to come look at the horrible condition of her shower.....it was dirty, she needed a new one... (we already did this when she wanted a new stove cause the old one was dirty, same with the toilet...) And no she is not a new tenant, it is her dirt/grease/etc

7. nzpouter

nzpouter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2009
    new zealand
    give him a complimentary "beverage"....

8. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    Document the calls/issues. Chances are he's so far gone, all he'll remember tomorrow is that he didn't like you tonight, but none of his own behavior.

9. kpsullivan

kpsullivan Out Of The Brooder

Jun 30, 2011
    I would skip the complementary beverage and call the cops; chances are he will be arrested for disorderly conduct and will no longer be your problem! Good luck![​IMG]

10. bakerjw

bakerjw Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    Johnson City, Tn
    Drunk in public is an arrestable offense. I would encourage him to return to his room. If he becomes belligerent then I would certainly call the police. If they show up and he behaves in the manner that you describe then he will probably get to spend the rest of the evening in a nice cool cell.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by