omg im so impatient... just over 24 hours set

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by TyrannosaurusChix, Jul 18, 2010.

1. TyrannosaurusChix

TyrannosaurusChix Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2010
    Savannah, NY
    I cant even wait to candle!!![​IMG]

I wish i had patience, i really do! But i just dont have time for that[​IMG]

two more days til candling.. gah! how can i even make it the 21?[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 18, 2010
  2. Cattitude

Cattitude Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:*giggles* I know what you mean!

The trick is to forget you have an incubator until Day 14, when you can candle. Then forget again till Day 18, when you lockdown. It's the only way I got thru it without running to the incubator every 30 minutes.

You can do it! *cheers you on*

3. sonjab314

sonjab314 Constant State of Confusion

May 15, 2010
    Missouri
    I don't even candle. Imagine waiting the entire 21 days to find out lol

4. TyrannosaurusChix

TyrannosaurusChix Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2010
    Savannah, NY
    Thanks.. but unfortunately this is my first with a new bator.. lg and idont want the humidit to get messed up.. has needed adj. in that alone just from the ac being on all night, etc. if i could set it and forget it, i would!!

i set 30.. just random eggs for the first go round, and i scooped up 10 of my fils eggs included to see if anything starts... if i dont see anything in some should i leave them in until day 10???

ive read you can candle at d3 and d10-- i dont want to have a bunch of explodable eggs in there..

5. team edward

team edward Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2010
    Amarillo Area
    just make sure its humid in there...one time someone in my family forgot all about that and her chicks were deformed. but im going to tell you the chicks are worth the wait! and candeling them will cool them and it can be bad for chicks i dont candle mine anymore

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by