OMG! Is she a he???!!!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by cjatthefarm, Apr 2, 2011.

1. cjatthefarm

cjatthefarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2010
    Tucson
    This pretty 'gal' (?)(!) is crowing first of all. Plus, she/he is acting like she's gonna hop on someone, ya know!!!?

Opinions, please. She and the gang just turned 18 weeks Wednesday the 30th; I could wait to see if she starts to lay....but I hate to miss a chance to learn from you guys what it is I'm seeing. Thanks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Roooooooster! For sure! Wide pea comb, shiny stringy saddle feathers hanging off the back just before the tail. Yup, rooster. You can stop waiting for an egg from that one, trust me.

3. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    cocka doodle DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...sorry:-(

4. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    Cock A Doodle Doo! [​IMG]

5. rilly10

rilly10 Clover Field Farm

May 18, 2010
    Pottstown, PA
    X2 Deff a roo! Pretty one too! Ha ha that all rhymed and I didn't even try...how cheesy of me!

6. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    Quote:Yep.

7. chickengrl

chickengrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Totally a rooster! and I'm a newbie so don't know much other than that is a rooster! But, a very pretty one. [​IMG]

8. jennh

jennh Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2007
    Lititz
    DEFINITELY a roo. Sorry

9. cjatthefarm

cjatthefarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2010
    Tucson
    DANG! DANG! DANG! I knew it! Boy, he was a late bloomer! And bless his heart, he is clumsy and unsuccessful at, uh, how you say....'doin' the deed' !![​IMG]

The little guy 'dances' from one leg to the other --then the girls runnnnnnn away and he is left looking frustrated!!!!![​IMG]

I guess since he is soooo hansom I'll maybe try to re-home him........I have 2 boys for my 25---correction---24!!!! hahahahaa!

Thanks!

Anyone here need this good-looking guy at your house!? I couldn't let him go just anywhere.[​IMG]

10. I-Have-Happy-Hens

I-Have-Happy-Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    Carrboro, NC
    Quote:Yes Sorry

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by