1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

OMG it Happened Again...........

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by lockedhearts, May 4, 2008.

1. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    I have no clue how this happened but there are 14 eggs in my Bator [​IMG]
    I am SICK I need help and my husband just keeps letting me do it.......[​IMG]

2. shortcake1806

shortcake1806 Sassy McSassington

Sep 11, 2007
    What only 14, you need at least 30 to be considered to have a problem. lol

3. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    [​IMG] We need a SHC group (stop hatching chicks Group) LOL [​IMG]
    Sounds like you have a great husband. [​IMG]

4. lockedhearts

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    [​IMG] I have decided I am a Hatch A Holic , I have been searching for a local chapter of HAA (Hatch A Holics Anonymus) but I can't seem to locate one........
    So I am trying to keep my addiciton under control , but my exsisting chickens keep laying eggs and I keep hearing the voices, they keep saying, put them in the bator......

5. Myst4

Myst4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2008
    N.S., Canada
    LOL...I have one more egg that is about to hatch out of 12...I asked my dh tonight if he would mind me hatching more. He said he isn't bothered. He gave me his ok...and so the addiction continues.....

6. Crunchie

Crunchie Brook Valley Farm

Mar 1, 2007
    Maryland
    30 eggs is the cut off for "problem"? Uh oh, I stuffed 50 into mine the first go 'round...then 50 the next go 'round....There's a couple dozen in there this time....[​IMG] Yeah, I've got a problem.

And what is it with the enabling husbands? The ones that claim to "not like chickens?" Mine doesn't bat an eye when he sees me unpacking another box of eggs. He's even sent me some eBay links recently for Sportsman incubators for sale. As if I don't get myself into enough trouble with my 2 styro-bators!! I mean, if the poor dude had any sense of self-preservation he'd put an end to this now, before the chickens totally take over! [​IMG]

7. lockedhearts

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Hubby took pics of an icubator we saw at a Tractor Show recently. There is a raffle for it, but he said, I could go ahead and build one like it, and if you win this one we'll have 2....[​IMG]

8. Crunchie

Crunchie Brook Valley Farm

Mar 1, 2007
    Maryland
    Yep. 2 incubators. It all goes downhill from there!!

I think all of the enabler-hubbies need their own support group, too. I mean, obviously they are in denial about their own chicken addictions!!

9. lockedhearts

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    I guess I should have made myslef clear..... we already have to Hova Bators, so if we ended up with 2Handmade Wooden ones , that had 4 large trays for eggs, each held about 40 eggs, and a hatching tray, that would be probably roughly close to 500 eggs [​IMG]
    Gotta Love That [​IMG]

10. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    It sounds to me like you have everything under control and you're about due to upgrade to a couple GQF Sportsmans or an OvaEasy 380. [​IMG]

Jody

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by