OMG it is now TOMORROW!!!!!!!!! Low quality pics p. 17

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by luvmychicknkids, Sep 21, 2008.

1. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    You ARE going to have to protect them from me!!!! [​IMG] I can't wait any longer.

So, alright, I have 7 white Silkies and 2 little mutt eggs (BSL/EE cross). All look excellent as of a candling last night and I am sooooooooo nervous about stopping turning tomorrow. [​IMG] The mutt eggs are just something I do with all hatches from shipped eggs...put in eggs from my mom's chickens to make sure if something goes wrong I can tell if it was something I did or something else. I have already hatched out 4 chicks of this particular mix and they are all very different and very beautiful so I am anxious to meet them, too. [​IMG]

I can't do this!!!!!!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 27, 2008
  2. Quail_Antwerp

Quail_Antwerp [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    Take a deep breath, and walk away from the 'bator!!

[​IMG]

3. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Oh nooooooooooo I can't.....I have to get them out of there....they NEED me!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

Alright, I will try!!!!! LOL I just NEED these so bad. I have one little 11 y/o (and he is just the most awesome kid) who will be devastated if these don't hatch. I worry about chickies I hatch for me, but this is BAD!!!!! The second bator (only on like day 8 or 9) is my hubby's eggs so I am gonna be doing this again soon. [​IMG]

4. Quail_Antwerp

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    Totally with you on that!!

I have 8 silkie eggs under a broody, and I am anxiously waiting for them to hatch! (on day 6 right now!)

I am getting a 'bator in just over a week and already have eggs lined up for it!

*hides the hammer*

5. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    LOL....isn't it amazing how this makes us feel!!!! At least the broody makes you behave to a degree....they are HER eggs! While I have never had a broody I have seen how nasty they can get if your touch their eggs. Just wait 'til you have that bator going. Oh it is bad!!!

I think all hard objects need hidden and I should be locked in a padded room right now.....

6. Quail_Antwerp

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    Want me to wrap you in a straight jacket so you can't touch those eggs?! LOL

Well, she went broody, but I put silkie eggs from Tori under her. My broody is an old English Game. I got pecked hard last night....my fault....trying to candle...So I don't even get to candle or anything!! I just have to wait wait wait...darnit...

7. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    LOL....she will teach you to touch her babies!!!!! [​IMG]

Yes, please, I think the straight jacket is a good idea. The kids can cook dinner and get themselves to school until these hatch!!! [​IMG]

8. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:I usually have my dad check my broodies...I'm too scared to stick my hand under them!!

9. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    LOL.....yeah, shelleyd2008, if I ever get a broody (which I hope these Silkies do that for me) I plan to just leave her alone. The video clips I have seen look almost dangerous and I doubt I have anyone willing to risk it for me!!!! [​IMG] Aren't chickens just too adorable!!! [​IMG]

10. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    Here... you can borrow mine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Aly, you have to wait until Henny Penny is off the nest eating/drinking pooping before you try to candle. I kick the broody off the nest morning, noon, and night, just to make sure she is getting food and poops... OMG, last night I took Elvis off the nest, went outside to get something, and came back in... whhooooowheeeeeee!!!! [​IMG] Somebody has stinky poopies!!! I was looking around, looking around, and there's Elvis, sweet as can be sitting on her precious eggs, with a pile of poo that looks like an elephant flew over. [​IMG] I quickly scooped it and took it out to clear the air... OMG, my eyes burned...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by