OMG it looks like twins?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by froggie71, May 15, 2009.

1. froggie71

froggie71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2009
    Shamong, NJ
    Well I have posted in a couple of other threads we have a double yolk duck egg in the bator and it looks like things are happening. The air sac was changed, so DH put a small hole in both side of the shell. We can see movement on one side, we did see a small amount of blood also, so we stopped and closed the bator. [​IMG] [​IMG] The waiting game starts!

2. Nicola

Nicola Chook Cuddlin' Aussie

Feb 23, 2009
    ACT
    are you going to help i out of the egg some times they are top to tail i think u have to look for the head? to make a pip for it

3. froggie71

Apr 18, 2009
    Shamong, NJ
    I'm pretty sure we'll have to help them out. Not sure where their heads are yet. Not sure how I'll be able to sleep tonight!

4. Nicola

Nicola Chook Cuddlin' Aussie

Feb 23, 2009
    ACT
    hows it going
    have u started to help cause they cant hatch by them self no room to move

5. froggie71

Apr 18, 2009
    Shamong, NJ
    yes, have started to help, but have seen blood, so stopped. I can only see movement on the one side of egg where the air sac is, no movement on the other. [​IMG]

6. walkswithdog

walkswithdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    Good luck. They only ever had the slimmest chance because you tried at all. Hatching doubles isn't easy or most people wouldn't think it's impossible. I hope one or both make it, but at least you gave them a fair shot at it.

7. froggie71

Apr 18, 2009
    Shamong, NJ
    walkswithdog, Thank you. This wasn't something we knew anything about before we put the egg into the bator. Then we did research to find out how difficult it is to get a successful hatch. We've seen them doing well in the egg up until now. Didn't think we'd get this far. After watching the video on youtube of the twin chickens, we had a bit more hope, but not so sure now.

8. froggie71

Apr 18, 2009
    Shamong, NJ
    Don't know if I should get excited again or not, but just checked the egg and there is movement on both sides now. [​IMG]

9. walkswithdog

walkswithdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. wyndski

wyndski Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2007
    Spring Hill, FL
    Quote:Maybe it was just resting? [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by