OMG its starting!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by 688peterl, Nov 1, 2009.

1. 688peterl

688peterl Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2009
    The egg that i thought was dead obviously isnt! it was moving again this morning when i candled the eggs... and the other egg looks as though its gonna hatch early...

its sort of hard to explain but its like the baby inside is trying to break into the air cell but cant if that makes sense? i kept seeing the bill push up into the air cell then going back down again like it isnt ready yet?

2. Eggs4Sale

Eggs4Sale Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2009
    [​IMG]

3. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    [​IMG]

4. eggybritches

eggybritches Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2009
    Central Florida
    Yay! I would stop handling them at this point. With your incubator, if you get the room dark you can still shine a flashlight through the glass and you should still be able to see progress.

5. 688peterl

Oct 2, 2009
    Quote:yeah we have the same incubator [​IMG] but i cant do that with mine [​IMG]

6. 688peterl

Oct 2, 2009
    well im gonna candle them tomorrow morning and tuesday morning thats only twice, and im only candling them tomorrow because i think they are gonna hatch early so they will need to go on early lockdown wont they?

7. tia

tia Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Valdez, Alaska
    I sure would leave them alone as much as you can... I'm not sure what kind of incubator you have, but that humidity is important. I know it is hard, but you will be happy you did. It gets so darn exciting...

Tia

8. eggybritches

eggybritches Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2009
    Central Florida
    They start rocking and shaking around a lot before they make their first pip, and that might be quite a few days early. I wouldn't put them on lockdown until the proper time, or if you see a pip. But if you pick them up and they're moving they might not be able to get in position.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by