OMG just watched ''Food Inc.''

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chicken2010, Nov 3, 2010.

1. chicken2010

chicken2010 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 1, 2010
    it's quite shocking some of the things it exposes and how much authority some companies have in controlling farmers and crops being grown [​IMG]

2. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

I found it quite interesting and informative, without being gross. It is rather convincing as to why one should just raise his own meat, don't ya think!

3. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    Just keep in mind it is propaganda to an extent. It is just ONE side, a FEW people, and NOT a picture of the WHOLE. It is media, so it has a twist. I know farmers who aren't like that. The ones who are deserve to be exposed for what they are. And those companies products need more closely monitored. Oh and this thread likely won't make it past page 2. Controversial topic [​IMG]

4. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Read "The Omnivore's Dilemma" even MORE to digest then the movie. I haven't had McD's, KFC or anything remotely like that since 2009!

I didn't even watch the movie until this past summer!

5. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Quote:Also remember, some of the companies were contacted and declined their right to make a statement... some companies came out and made statements after the movie was promoted by Oprah though. Some thought they were just activist groups trying to get a peek into their inner workings, while others said they were just lies.

Either way, unless anyone ever opened there doors for you to see with your own eyes... you can believe in what ever heresy you want in life I suppose. I personally have taught my daughter, leaving out information is no better then lying and deceiving.

6. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    Quote:[​IMG]

I agree... this only shows a small % of the farming industry... I am sure things are the same here in Canada but they are different too as standards differ from country to country. I know the local farmers around here look nothing like those on the film. My son worked at a poultry farm that raised chickens for Campbells soup, Swiss Chalet, and this farm was also an egg supplier for Tim Hortons and McDonalds.... and he said his farm was nothing like the ones on the film

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by