Omg, life's going to be getting BUSY!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Bettacreek, Nov 15, 2009.

1. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    I was just checking the calendar and I'm going to go crazy here soon! Today I have to get the car cleaned out, finish cleaning and redding up the house. Tomorrow we're hitting the big town (little more than half an hour away) for my bear tag, then driving over an hour away for a rifle and hunting clothes for your's truely. Then, the 18th and 19th is archery season for bear, so I'll be watching the BIL's kids while he and the bf hunt. Friday, Sat and Sun, I have to practice with the rifle and get it sighted in (I've never shot a gun with a scope before) and take the boys down to their dad's place (over an hour away, and I'm not sure exactly when they'll be heading down, but it'll be sometime over the weekend). Then Mon, Tues and Wed we'll be bear hunting (unless we bag one in the first or second day, then we'll be processing it on the second and/or third day). Thursday morning I'll have to pick the boys up, have Thanksgiving AND my son's 2nd birthday (may celebrate that on the 27th instead, to make it special instead of a combo of turkey day and b-day), then hopefully spend the weekend processing bears. Then we'll go out sometime between the 30th and the 5th of Dec for either another bear (depends on whether or not all three of us have bagged a bear) or for buck. They extended bear season into the buck season since the bear population just about doubled last year. Then the week after that will be buck/doe season, but, I didn't get any doe tags, they were sold out before I got my general license. [​IMG]
    At some point in time, during that chaos, I have to make several batches of soap and hopefully render fats for soapmaking. I'm hoping to get wire and make my rabbit cages before the middle of December as well, then I can get two does and hopefully have them settle in and breed for a litter right around the first of 2010, just to get the year started out right, lol.

2. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Wow!!!! Sounds like fun.....Don't forget to enjoy all the activity

Have a blessed and happy time.

3. Oh yeah, your not the only one. Things are CRAZY around here. We are cleaning the yard from IDA's disaster, we are catching up on laundry (5 big rubbermaid buckets full! some are overflown!), re-arranging the livingroom, DEEP cleaning all bedrooms including the carpets, going through the sheds for yard sale stuff for this coming weekend, getting stuff ready for baby, fixing the roof of the porch (IDA I HATE YOU!), both dogs are getting BATHS (THEY STINK!), fixing the back porch (IDA!) and the list goes on and on and on. NEVER ENDING!

4. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Tis the season!

5. Bettacreek

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    McCord, most of the cleaning here was done yesterday. I had to pick up, sweep and shampoo/mop the basement, kids' playroom, kitchen, foyer and bathroom. I did four or five loads of laundry, scrubbed the rest of the kitchen, washed a ton of dishes and a bunch of other blah work. It feels better now that it's mostly done though, lol.
    As for the upcoming events, I forgot, there's a houseguest staying for bear season. He's going to be staying in the finished portion of the basement. I certainly won't have time to be bored for the next few weeks, lol.

6. Bettacreek, your lucky you got all that done in 1 day, LOL. I could get alot done if the kids were in school but it's the weekend so it's harder to get everything done plus hubby was working on the vehicles so its only me. Wish I have a dryer, it would make laundry done faster.

7. Bettacreek

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Lol. It was a heck of a good day. My youngest wasn't crabby and the two year old wasn't too much of a pain in the butt, lol. Instead of being a total hinderance like he usually is, he was "helping". I learned to work with it instead of against and it only slowed things down to take about twice as long instead of five times as long, lol. Plus, the new washer/dryer help a ton. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by