OMG, like I really needed more???

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by klf73, May 19, 2011.

1. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    I have some tolbunt polish chicks, so I got some gold laced eggs so I could work on them, none hatched. All developed but never made it to the end. I was getting feed yesterday and asked why they didn't get any variety in this year(all basic layers). She said, well I am getting some polish in tomorrow. I gave them my number and asked them to call me. Got the call and I go in. They only have 2 and they have nice beards and ok crests so I grab them both. I go to the register and he gives me my balance and tells me, ya know you have a $10 credit on your account(points earned). I ask if I can apply it and he said no, need to spend $10...why don't you grab another chick?? Me, of course walk back to the brooder and see this little banty that I had no idea what it was. I get home and check the hatchery website they got them from and look through the list...only one chick there I don't know what it looks like so I click and BINGO, I got a pyncheon [​IMG] . So me being me couldn't have just one of these and went and got the other 2 they had...just what I needed...another breed!!!

2. Sassafras

Sassafras Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2011
    N.H.
    Chicken math at it's best!![​IMG]

3. Domestic_goddess

Domestic_goddess Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2009
    Utah
    You are so much like me [​IMG] Congratulations on your new chicks! Pyncheons are beautiful!

4. fshinggrl

fshinggrl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    the edge of insanity
    Off to google! COngrats! Love chicken math!

5. earnhardtlvr

earnhardtlvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    Hagerstown, MD
    Quote:Pics please?? [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    I will try to get pics tomorrow...they are small, light colored, clean legged and crested, real cute

7. TarainNC

TarainNC Out Of The Brooder

Mar 25, 2011
    I went to our farm supply store for another gallon waterer today. They had some americanas/ araconas most likely easter egger chicks that just came in this morning. I have two easter eggers now that give me colored eggs and I love getting cream and blue eggs. So I had to pry myself away. I get to the check out and My total was $7 and some change. The guy tells me I have to spend $10 to use my debit card. So I told him to give me two biddies. I am in deep chicken litter with my husband! This makes 20 chickens and 1 duck. I started with 2 chickens in February. My 17 year old called me a chicken hoarder! Help!

8. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Quote:Twenty chickens and one duck??? Hoarding? Bwaaaahaaaaaaaaahaaaaa!

I wonder what that makes ME???

9. TarainNC

TarainNC Out Of The Brooder

Mar 25, 2011
    Did I forget to mention we live in town and are only allowed 10 chickens?

10. AZSummer

AZSummer Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2011
    Congrats on the new little ones!!

I had to go Google pyncheons. Now I want one. I didn't know chicken math was contagious!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by