OMG!! Mouse in my office... cheeky devil!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Mojo Chick'n, Dec 31, 2008.

1. Mojo Chick'n

Mojo Chick'n Empress of Chickenville

I have had this mouse in my office for a month, now. Usually he runs around along the wall behind the space heater...

I just now looked up from typing on another page and he was sitting on top of my desk under the monitor!!!!! Just sitting there looking at me like we were old buddies.

I couldn't believe he would be that brave and bold!

I grabbed his tail and flushed him - stoopid mouse.

[​IMG]
    meri

2. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Yikes I am up and running and he has been there a month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! have you told your boss......can;t stand mice!

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

HAHAHAHA! I am glad you cuaght him otherwise the situation could have gotten, um, stinky!

4. Mojo Chick'n

Quote:[​IMG] it's my home office, and yeah, "the boss" ( aka:confused:bby ) put down mouse poison for me twice, the little guy eats it like it's cheesecake. I must have more than one, I'm thinking. Probably why he was so easy to catch, the poison maybe started to work finally (we recently switched to a dif mouse poison).

Winter in Kentucky is mouse season. I have more mice out here in the country than I ever did in town up north.

Mice are so icky!!!

meri

5. English Chick

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Glad I have cats and darn good mousers too!...but they usually leave the entrails by the front door....mouse stew anyone!

6. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

removed by crtrlovr

Last edited: Dec 31, 2008
  7. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    Quote:MAYBE your far far away in the field put him far enough back that he found his way to chiknmama's house, so in a round about way you caused him to be flushed. [​IMG]

8. Mojo Chick'n

Quote:Yeah, I had considered taking him outside, but, he'd have just come back, or the dog would have gotten him (more likely) and if he had been poisoned, the dog might have gotten sick.

My cat is worthless when it comes to hunting mice, she is old and feels she ought to retire from such mundane work.

The prayer is still legit - it's just that I have limits to my tolerance of nasty disease bearing creatures who choose to take up residence where they don't belong.

I look at it like this - if the mouse wants to live, it has many places it can live. My house is not a mouse hotel. I have mice in the barn that I leave to their own devices - they are welcome to any spilled feed or scraps of hay to bed in.

If I let the mouse live in my house, it would --
    A) cost me money (wiring, insulation torn up, etc...)
    B) bring in filth and disease.
    C) perhaps make my own pets sick if they ingest a poisoned mouse.

When a mouse or any other of God's Creatures becomes a menace to my family/pets/home then it is fair game.

It's the same if I had a racoon or possum or some such after my chickens in their coops - I would remedy the situation.

I don't think that being willing to kill a creature for trespass where it can become a threat is against the sentiments expressed in the prayer. As for flushing the little guy - would it be more humane to let a cat or my dog play with it for hours before finally letting it die?
    I chose the quickest death I could.

I figured when I posted this that someone would be offended.

Oh well -
    meri

9. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    Quote:Did you know a mouse can swim for hours in a septic tank, or if on public sewer can float downstream to a point where it can reach solid ground. POOR WITTLE MOUSEY. [​IMG]

10. English Chick

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Zap them...they breed like mice!!!!!!!!!!! and you dont want that in your house......you are braver than me..I would have flushed it if I was brave enough to pick the rodent up!!!!!!!!!!! yak yak yak

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by