OMG!! MY INCUBATOR HAS GONE COMPLETELY PSYCHO!!!! HELP PLEASE!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by kryptoniteqhs, Dec 13, 2008.

1. kryptoniteqhs

kryptoniteqhs Rosecomb Rich

Nov 14, 2008
    Perris, CA
    ok, so heres the low-down....i went to work and the eggs have to be turned while i was at work, so i asked my mother and sister to do it for me...i called her from work and made sure everything was fine and she said it was and the temp was 101 and the humidity was 34 .... i got home and the temp was 104....i immediately turned it down, just a little and it was down to 92 then i turned it up a tad and 15 min later i checked on it .................... 109!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have the lid off now for it to cool....the humidity jumped up too! but not bad!!!!! whats goin on what do i do?!?!?!?!!!!!!!

2. skeeter

skeeter Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2007
    Parma Idaho
    maybe your thermometer is bad,otherwise its your thermostat

3. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    LG's can be tricky i have 2 but you can't turn the tab to hard..just a small touch and the heat will do what you want it to do.. once you have your LG for a while you will get very use to it and know how to work it to perfection! [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 13, 2008
  4. kryptoniteqhs

Nov 14, 2008
    Perris, CA
    i dont know what to do.....i mean, its been consistent the whole time until tonight and ya.....soooooooooo.......i have another thermometer in there that never goes past 100 no matter what....what do i do? and why the sudden change in humidity....i am sooooooooo glad i didnt fall asleep......i want to run to walmart and get another one right now, but i dont wanna leave the eggs.....ahhhh.....and plus theyre probably as good as dead any ways now.....but i still wanna try...it was only for a few minutes and ive heard of "miracle hatches" and if my thermometer is wrong than has it been wrong the whole time and just now decided to go psycho and if its the thermostat what in the world do i do about that!!! I HATE INCUBATING!!!!!!!!

5. kryptoniteqhs

Nov 14, 2008
    Perris, CA
    you know what...!!! i think the 92 and 109 thing was totally my fault ooooooppppss.....i know u could probably shoot us newbies....the dial is totally confusing and i think i may have turned it too much for the 92 part and then accidentally turned it up instead of down for the 109 part.....goodness.....now im having trouble even remember what i did and did not do!!!!!! are my eggs definitely a total loss??!!!

6. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    No incubator is perfect they all have there flaws the trick is learning how to use it right with less problems..

i wish i could help you but i haven't had this happen to me and if it did i could get the heat back to where i wanted it i send you great incubating vibes [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    Quote:no you should have some still ok i say still continue with it [​IMG]

it's all good though we have all been through this one way or another

my last hatch i lost a chick because i kept turning the heat down thinking i was turning it up....lol

8. kryptoniteqhs

Nov 14, 2008
    Perris, CA
    thank you lol!!!! i need those for sure!!!!!!

9. kryptoniteqhs

Nov 14, 2008
    Perris, CA
    o yes....but now im being cautious (spelling) and this thing has never changed temp this rapidly!!! it was at 101 and the red light was on so i turned it down a notch (to maybe keep it there) and then the light went off and then i went back over to find the light on and it was 103....I DEFINITELY DIDNT DO THAT!!!!!! NOW IM PRETTY SURE ITS BROKE!!

everytime i write i get up and look again and everytime its up or down at least a degree or two

10. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    it may go up a tad because of the heat that's already in the bator.. just keep your eye on it for a little while and see if it goes down or up more

when i first got my bators i was over them 24/7 like a hawk..lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by