OMG OMG OMG!!! They FINALLY LAID!!!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by mamahen2011, Sep 27, 2011.

1. mamahen2011

mamahen2011 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    Michigan
    [​IMG] I know it's a stupid thing to get so excited about but ... the NEW girls FINALLY decided to LAY!!! I had checked on the girls this morning, no eggs ... but they DID tip over one of the laying boxes for whatever reason. Anyhow, they acted like they were STARVING when I fed them and gave them some mealie treats. Just went to check on them again before heading to the park with my daughter and there were TWO eggs in the lay box!!! YAY! I picked them up and they were both warm! So I know they were just laid within the last 10-15 minutes. [​IMG] And I can also tell they were from the new girls because they are different from the eggs Justina lays. These 2 eggs were both slightly larger and they were more elongated then the eggs Justina lays.

I'm so excited! Now I finally have 3 laying. Now the egg basket will finally be filling up! LOL

On a side note, I'm wondering if the girls were just needing a little extra protein, the last 2 days they have been getting a little Safflower seed and peanuts with their mealie treats. So I'm wondering if they needed the little extra boost to help them get going again after their few weeks off. [​IMG]

2. BigDaddy'sGurl

BigDaddy'sGurl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Wilkesboro NC
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. stubbornhill

stubbornhill Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Shapleigh, Maine
    Congrats and not silly at all! [​IMG]

4. Yay Chicks!

Yay Chicks! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2010
    Forest Grove, OR
    Totally NOT silly! I still get excited gathering eggs after a year and a half [​IMG]

5. Cattitude

Cattitude Chillin' With My Peeps

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S

[​IMG]

6. mamahen2011

mamahen2011 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    Michigan
    Yeah, they are like little presents! LOL It's Christmas all the time! Just very disappointing when santa skips a day or 2. [​IMG]

7. jtbrown

jtbrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Southeastern Ohio
    Congrats, I agree, I do not hink I will ever get tired of collecting eggs!

8. TigerLilly

TigerLilly I failed Chicken Math

Jul 18, 2010
    Central Florida
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. hallerlake

hallerlake Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2010
    Seattle
    [​IMG]
    Don't mind me. I'm just jealous. I keep expecting the younger pullets to lay ANY DAY, but every day........nothing.

10. AngelzFyre

AngelzFyre Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2007
    Pell City, Alabama
    Congratulations! First eggs NEVER get old!!!!!!!!!! I still love collecting eggs after 5 yrs, new, old, any!!!!!! LOL [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by