1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

OMG OMG OMG!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Justino, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Justino

Justino ♪♫ Rockin' Rooster ♪♫

Dec 21, 2007
    KY
    My mom finally said that i could get chicken diapers to let 1 or 2 in the house off and on!!! OMG that would be sooooooooooooo coooooooooool!!!!

so i have a few questions:
    1: can i make any age chicken a house chicken or does it need to be a baby???
    2. can a chicken be only part house chicken or can it live in and outside? (like inside for about an hour a day?)
    3: how do i make a chicken a house chicken?

THANKS!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2008
  2. Justino

Dec 21, 2007
    KY
    if i can, i would totally let Roxy-my super curious EE- and Roast beef- my super awsome BR-!!!

3. flakey chick

flakey chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2007
    Florida
    Any age chicken can wear diapers. Be careful about hens laying an in theirs.

4. Justino

Dec 21, 2007
    KY
    Quote:oh, i didnt think of that :eek:

5. Aneesa's Muse

Aneesa's Muse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    I agree about the age thing ..any should be easily converted, if they are up to it ...have the personality for it and so on..

Definitely try to get a chicken that you are familiar with its routine ..ie., a hen that you kind of know her laying schedule ...so you can remove the diaper at optimum times.

Can you imagine walking around with an "egg load" in your pants? It's gotta be just as bad as a "poop load" ..I would imagine [​IMG]

6. cthrash1

cthrash1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Somerset, KY
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Sunny Chook Farm

Sunny Chook Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    Quote:[​IMG][​IMG]

8. lovemychicks9

lovemychicks9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2008
    South Carolina
    Scrambled eggs anyone? [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

2. can a chicken be only part chicken or can it live in and outside? (like inside for about an hour a day?)

I don't think chickens can be 'part' chicken [​IMG] [​IMG] I think they are whole chickens all the time [​IMG]

Anyway, now that I got my tease in for the day....I don't have house chickens but I am working on that myself. I told my hubby that my Serama roo should be a house chicken. He doesn't agree!​

10. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    I want to make my ducks Garage ducks, they are so much like dogs! They "tell me" using their body if do or don't like things, like today. When I was putting the little jacket on my duckling TO HELP FIX HIS ANGEL WINGS he would shake his head and tryto back out of it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by