OMG, one of top ten best deal EVER I got!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by PineBurrowPeeps, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Yesterday evening when my husband got home from work we headed to the library to get the kids some books and videos and then I had to stop at Tractor Supply and get shavings and grain for my girls.
    As I was gathering my stuff my 8 year old son came running to me with this neat truck toy in his hands and asked if he could have the toy. I told him I didn't think so because I couldn't afford three high price toys and it wasn't fair to only buy for him and not his two sisters. Alex (my son) tells me that the man up front told him that the toy was only $1.00. I looked at the sticker on the toy and it said $14.99. I told Alex that couldn't possibly be right and as I was telling him this an employee who knows me came around the corner and said "No Jenna, he's right! Any of the toys up front and in the first aisle are only $1.00, we have to get rid of them!"

Apparently their big boss had come in and told them that they have Spring Chemicals coming in very soon and that they had better get rid of all that stuff up front, anyway they can!
    I brought my grain and shavings and a couple of dog toys I bought for my Newf up front and paid for them, we took the kids out to the car and buckled them in and then my husband and I took turns going in and picking out toys to buy.
    Our booty?
    $548.00 worth of toys for........

$18.00!!!!!

We stuffed the car full, Breyer, Schleich, etc.
    We took home:
    One HUGE all wooden stable set, that was originally $100.00 and we took it for $1.50! This thing is like 2 1/2' wide by 2 ' tall!
    Two smaller wooden barns/stables, like 18" X 18" each
    5 different boxes of horses big, small, and medium
    Two Breyer backpack mini horse playsets
    Horse-opoly the game
    A huge monster truck toy
    A Suzuki 4 wheeler toy
    Various Schleich nature playsets (horse families, dog families, cow families)
    Two all wooden John Deere toddler toys, a horse trailer with truck and wooden horses, and a pull along tractor toy
    A construction truck toy with bricks and guys
    And more, I can't remember right now....

It was like Christmas morning unloading all of that stuff at our house last night and my husband is going back to check out more when he gets out this afternoon.
    I figure I can put things in my present closet for Christmas/B-days, etc.
    AND I am seriously thinking about going back and buying whatever I can and donating it to Hasbro Children's Hospital...

It has totally gotten into first place on my top ten best deals ever list!

[​IMG]

I suggest that anyone with a TSC near them at least check to see if they are doing it near you. You never know! It was totally a case of being in the right place at the right time!

2. Shared Acres

Shared Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2008
    Northeast Fla
    AWESOME!

3. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    Oh man! All those Breyers! Wow! I really want the barn... Our TSC has really expensive Breyers though [​IMG]

4. Olivia, I would check hun. Apparently they figured that they would make good money selling toys but in my area there just isn't enough demand, especially with Wal-Mart and Job Lot, etc. right down the road!
    They need the space for all of the Spring stuff coming in and I'm thinking that my place CANNOT be the only one in the country with space issues and leftover stuff from Christmas, etc.

5. PamsPride

PamsPride Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2008
    OHIO
    [​IMG]

6. lovemychix

lovemychix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    That's awesome. Maybe I need to go to TS today. Actually I bought a $100 huge rooster decor box to store stuff in there for $25 last week.

7. TXmom

TXmom Chillin' With My Peeps

WOW...AWESOME!!! [​IMG] I will be going by TSC in Katy today, so I'll stop in and see if I can find some good deals too [​IMG] Thanks for the heads up!

8. Ec_Prokta

Ec_Prokta Continuum Shift Anomaly

Jan 14, 2009
    WOW! Great job! WooHooooooooooooooooooooooo Hoo! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. timbofarms

timbofarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2008
    Humboldt/West TN
    dang good deal

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by