1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

OMG please help me. HELP HELP HELP HELP

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by tashtash, Jan 25, 2013.

1. tashtash

tashtash Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 23, 2012
    Perth Western Australia
    Sally sunshine if your on here please help or anyone please help. All my chicks hatched on the 23rd and so no more since then so I candeled them to check them and I took out ones that were not ok cracked open and was all wet yolk. I put a small hole in one that told me don't just crack chip away I wash I never took it out when I put a tiny hole in I saw a chicken breathing help I have put a hole in the egg do I crack the rest open and get her out or will she be ok I have a hole in the empty air sac I think cause I can see a membrane over chick. Help help help anyone help

2. Angiebubs

Angiebubs Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2011
    Amery, WI WI/MN border
    As long as its not bleeding it should be fine.

I used to raise parrots as a business, when the chicks peeping became weak I would assist its hatching. What I did was in a dark room, held a flashlight under it and would help chip away the shell around the pip line or where the egg tooth would crack making sure I didnt nick a blood vessel. The biggest thing is to make sure its staying warm and moist.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  3. tashtash

Dec 23, 2012
    Perth Western Australia
    Even tho I put. Hole in the egg

4. tashtash

Dec 23, 2012
    Perth Western Australia
    No blood

5. tashtash

Dec 23, 2012
    Perth Western Australia
    Will she come out herself or should I crack the shell more for her

6. tashtash

Dec 23, 2012
    Perth Western Australia
    There is no pip hole only the hole I put in stupidly. I'm so upset right now I hope she Is going to be ok. Should I help her if she has not progressed in a few hours

7. Angiebubs

Angiebubs Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2011
    Amery, WI WI/MN border
    It was a very easy mistake to make!!!! And the fact that it hadnt hatched yet may mean it might not have. I would wait a few hours and check it again. The biggest thing is keeping the humidity at the correct high rate so membrane doesnt dry out. How big is the hole?
    Also, I am often on WInsconsin Cheeseheads thread and there are many awesome people on it at all time that hatch-Im asking others on there that have a lot of expereince with hatching-to see if any of them jump over here with advice.

8. tashtash

Dec 23, 2012
    Perth Western Australia
    [​IMG]

9. tashtash

Dec 23, 2012
    Perth Western Australia
    How do I go a persons thread is there a section to type in a name

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by