Omg Pls Help

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by VOX, May 26, 2010.

1. VOX

VOX Chillin' With My Peeps

My Rooster has hurt his leg. Heres the story. I have 3 roosters. 1 stays in a cage all to himself, he is the most loving thing ever, he begs for you to pick him up and ride him on the 4 wheeler or lawn mower. now the other 2 are not very friendly. when i let my loving one out he will run over to the others and fight through the fence. But anyhow, we have stoped letting them fight by watching where he goes when hes out of his cage. Well last night i put him up gave him fresh food and water. now this morning and aftnoon he was fine. But now he is limping. It dosent hurt him if we mess with it. and he can put some pressure on it. and i notice he dosent sit on his perch now, he will lay on his side to keep the pressure off of it, do yall think he will be ok, im really scared. plz reply.

2. Cloverleaf Farm

Cloverleaf Farm Bearded Birds are Best

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    Research Mareks...is he vaccinated??

3. VOX

we got him from my moms friend about year and a half ago, but he is probably 2-3 years old, so im not really sure. hes never been sick or anything. and he does have a lillte wound on his back toe by his sharp sper

4. VOX

Can people get this disease from them?

5. Cloverleaf Farm

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    Quote:Nope, but your other birds could. But if there's a wound, then that's probably the problem. How bad is it? Is there any discharge?

6. VOX

nope no discharge, wasent big enough bleed it dont think, and this dont make sence, i just went out there after 4 hour and hes up on his roasting stick sleeping, if it was serious would he still be able to jump up there and sit to sleep? Do you think i should take out the stick to keep him from jumping to prevent worse injury?

Last edited: May 26, 2010
  7. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

I don't understand. Are you saying he injuried his leg? Can you see an injury? What are you talking about a stick?

8. Cloverleaf Farm

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    Quote:His roost, I think. Unless the OP was trying to be "punny" by calling it a "roasting" stick... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by