OMG saw my first heart beating!!!!! I want to cry!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by sonew123, Apr 27, 2009.

1. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    [​IMG]... ok so I couldnt wait FEW more days--I had to open the bator to rotate anyway ( thank you Miss Prissy). So I shut the lights out and grabbed the oldest eggs in the bator...I grabed my candler and I saw the most AMAZING tiny tiny heartbeat-my DH was walking in the door at that exact moment and I whinned "hunny look"! He was just as happy as I was. We candled like 7 more real quick and all of them had tiny heartbeats-I think I saw a huge egg with a blood ring but I will leave it in for few more days and candle when the other eggs are about 7 days in--Im only on day 5 for those eggs that showed babies.....well that does it for me! I am now floating on air...That would make 7 out of 50 so far...the others are not old enough-Sunday is the night I will candle as many as I can to take out the unfertile ones-making more room for the fertile ones to hatch! woop woop woop!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    CONGRATS on the hatch going well so far.... It never gets old to see the heartbeats !!!! Good luck, hope you have a GREAT hatch [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    thank you!!

4. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    Keep me updated !!! I want pics of the babies, LOL !!! [​IMG]

5. Nicola

Nicola Chook Cuddlin' Aussie

Feb 23, 2009
    ACT
    Congrats i hope u have a great hatch

6. Panther Creek Poultry

Panther Creek Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2008
    Clarksburg, MO
    Congrats on the heart beat [​IMG] [​IMG]

That never gets old in seeing. Mother nNature is amazing isn't she!

Let us know how the hatch goes

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2009
  7. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    well as I was rotating my eggs last night-my hubbie and I grabbed out lights and dove in to candle real quick-I have 56ish in the bator saw around 40ish heartbeats!!!! a few with broken air cells and 5 or more with nothing-1 huge blood ring-we chucked that-the rest we will leave in till day 14-then chuck whatever clear ones we see--how exciting-MY DH was amzed at how many he kept seeing-"this one-this one -holy crap this one too!-he said" your going to be a super busy chicken mama" I said yes "WE" are he smiled and said "YUP"

8. Nicola

Nicola Chook Cuddlin' Aussie

Feb 23, 2009
    ACT
    how are your eggs going ??? [​IMG]

9. hoosiergal

hoosiergal Out Of The Brooder

Oct 14, 2008
    indiana
    [​IMG] great news. [​IMG]

10. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    they are doing great so far-I never expected to see such a wonderful sight-alot of these eggs were testers so I hade made myself believe that half were NOT going to be any good...I saw a jumper in an egg today. My SIL had never seen a fertile egg let alone a veining heart beating moving baby chick in an egg-I candeled one to show her and it was on day 10-she can't wait to see the out come...I'm a little concerned because I smell an odor-not foul but anytime my bator was opened I could only smell styrofome-now I smell "something" else..when eggs are incubating and growing and are NOT rotten do they give off an odor of some kind?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by