OMG- somebody just tried to come into my house

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by CHIC, Sep 20, 2009.

1. CHIC

CHIC Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2009
    Roanoke
    OMG..... I am currently moved back home do to some financial issues and am having to stay in the front living room for my bedroom. I woke up because the dog was jumping on the front door and I just thought he was trying to get out. When he backed off, however, I heard the door knob wiggling. And I mean it was obviously wiggling- ALOT! I quickly woke my fiance and he jumped up because he heard it to. When he opened the door, no one was there. He got his shotgun and flashlight and went outside. Found no one. He didn't let me call the police and I am really freaked out. The blinds beside the front door were wide open and 3 cars in the driveway. Who, being able to see us in our bed-the TV was on so I know they could see us- would try to enter a house full of people at 4 OCLOCK in the morning?!?!? That freaks me out the most. Someone breaking in somewhere to steal doesn't scare me as badly, but my little sis had a ton of money unlocked in her car and they didn't even bother that. So, what the H could they want here. We live in a quite little neighborhood, and most of the time the doors are unlocked, I even leave mine open to let the cool air in! Somehow, I guess by the grace of God, all the doors were locked tonight. Anyways, enough ranting, I just can't go back to sleep now. Why would somebody try to come into my house, knowing I was in it?!!!???!?!? Why Why WHY!

2. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    I don't have an answer why. But I am glad you guys are okay!!!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 20, 2009
  3. hikerchick

hikerchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    Dover, PA
    He wouldn't "let" you call the police? I would have called them anyway. He can't stop you.

4. CHIC

Aug 18, 2009
    Roanoke
    It just makes me feel like someone were intending on hurting someone in my house! I mean, who would have the cahones to walk right into someones front door in the middle of the night?- Especially when they are right by the door, easily seen through the window. I am so freaked out I can't stand it.

5. Jenlyn9483

Jenlyn9483 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL
    OMG! That is freaky! I would call the cops just so whoever it was would see them. I live in a quiet country neighborhood where everybody rides around in golf carts to visit people and normally I dont lock my doors either. Thats so scary, especially since it was obvious that yall were right there.

6. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Ugh! Scary! [​IMG]

7. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    Do you have an alarm system?

8. CHIC

Aug 18, 2009
    Roanoke
    No alarms here- I am telling you, we feel so safe that most of the time, when its hot, we sleep with the door wide open! Its been like 2 hours now and I still feel like I wanna call the police. But I feel that they aren't really going to be able to do anything so whats the point. Now, I am not going to ever feel safe and it really sucks! I just really would love to know what they wanted... Especially since they could see us and that there was a huge German Shepard jumping on the door!

9. dlhunicorn

dlhunicorn Human Encyclopedia

Jan 11, 2007
    The police might not be able to to file anything for you but I would call them or go down to the station and report this event... their might have been other robberies or similar event that they are investigating and they should know about this... let THEM decide how important it is or not but do insist they make a note of it.

10. CHIC

Aug 18, 2009
    Roanoke
    I'm just trying to convice myself that they did not see me... Otherwise I feel like someone was really going to harm us.. Its also hard to go that route because there are 3 cars in the driveway, I mean, no one could mistake it for empty! Ahhhhhhhh....... Maybe I will just go to the station in a few hours- after daybreak.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by