OMG! The funniest sound I ever heard~!

4H kids and mom

Cooped Up
12 Years
Mar 10, 2007
Southern Wisconsin
Guess who just tried his hand, err wing, at crowing today? lol Funny story!

I went to the coop this morning around 10am (it had been too chilly earlier) and let the chickens out into the yard. As usual, ChickenDuck comes out first to check the yard. He stretches, flaps his wings a time or two, stands up tall, and lets out this choked half scream, half strangled sound as loud as he could, followed by a soft peep that sounded like it had a question mark after it, and then looks up at me, obviously very impressed with himself!

I nearly fell over laughing!
lol.png
The other chickens came runnin out afterwards, and he was strutting around all big headed for a good hour after that! I couldn't believe they'd be trying to crow ALREADY! But, we do have a Big Boy rooster across the way that they can hear, so maybe they're learning from him...lol

Either way, it was cooo cute! Who would have thought, someone actually ENCOURAGING their roo to crow!
lol.png

gig.gif
Little ChickenDuck is growing up so fast!! My husband and I used to lay in bed at who knows what awful time in the morning (ALWAYS between 4:30 and 6) and listen to Kip crow/choke. It then evolved to a "Rrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!" then "Rrr Rrrrrrrrrrrrrr" and now to the pathetic banty crow he has today!
he.gif

back before i knew my 'hen' was a roo his first crow sounded like a racoon got in the coop it sounded like torture so went out there at 3 am in my pjs with a flashlight and a 22 ready for a dead chicken and an angry racoon but there was jed up on his roost looking quite proud of himself for his squeaky scream/yell all i could do was laugh:lol: yah they do grow up fast before you know it he'll have the regal call of a mature roo.

Mine will be 8 weeks on Friday, I sit with them everday just waiting to hear the first crow. He flaps his wings and stretches his neck, but nothing comes out. ~:>

so cute .. mine lol my daughter and i decided to sit and crow one day .. and bob our newlly gotten cochin thought he would try .. he pumped out his chest and streached his neck and lol decided hed let go .. he crowed alrighty .. then falled over .. lol he did this like 5 times i told hubby about it that night .. only for him to wake me up the next monring and say bobs crowing and i cant get him falling out of my mind ... 3 days of this and lol hes not crowed sents then . gusse he dont want to fall over no more ..

Back
Top Bottom