OMG the heat finally broke and the girls went nuts

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Darklingstorm, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Darklingstorm

Darklingstorm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2011
    Durant, Oklahoma
    I wish I could have video taped my girls today. It was still hot and miserable this morning, they were all huddled under the coop were the water mister and ice water is located. But then around 1pm the front came through and took the temperature from 100 degrees to 73! My girls were in heaven. They spread out all over the yard, going from one end to the other and back again. They were actually running with wings flapping and squawking up a storm themselves. It was so nice to see them enjoying them selves after the month and half long heat wave. I do believe I even saw a couple of smiles.

[​IMG]

2. geepy

geepy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2009
    central FL
    Chicken smiles are the best!!

3. CMTSMWC

CMTSMWC Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2011
    Indiana
    We have had a heat break too for the last couple days! It is sooo great! My girls love it too. It was 55 degrees last night...compared to 89 degrees at night and super muggy, that is so wonderful. I am so ready for fall!

4. babyrnlc

babyrnlc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2011
    Tulsa, Ok
    I'm in Northeast Ok (Tulsa) and we cooled down yesterday. They are loving it. Flying all around! They are stuck in their run though because the storms Saturday knocked down our fence and we have not got it fixed yet so they cannot get out!

5. magicpigeon

magicpigeon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    [​IMG] Still raining here...

6. NickyPick

NickyPick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2010
    Cypress, TX
    I'm jealous. My 10 day forecast says we might drop down to 99 next Wednesday, but I'm not holding my breath. [​IMG]

7. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    That is great! We have had a heat break for a few days now. It's a very nice break! This has been a hot scorching summer.

8. melloladies

melloladies Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Merritt Island
    Quote:I'm with you...it's sad when you'll take even the lower 90's as relief!!

9. lvchicken

lvchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2011
    Awwww!!!! How sweet! I LOVE chicken smiles. [​IMG]

10. specklesmom

specklesmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    Texas
    Don't you know the girls were happy to be able to enjoy the fresh, cool air! Yesterday we broke the DFW 40 day stretch of 100/100+ when the tail end of the wind (NO rain) cooled things off here for almost an entire hour! Then it went back to 97 and was 103 again today. So nice to hear that at least some areas are getting cool air. I can just picture the chicky girls running about while flapping their wings with total joy!! Please keep blowing some of the cool air down our direction!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by