OMG! The vertigo! I almost lost it.

Quote:
That sounds more like an inner ear problem.
hu.gif

I'm glad I've overcome my fear of bridges and heights, but I won't allow myself to be stuck on that particular bridge again; I don't care if I have to drive 10 miles out of my way.

Oh my I can sympathize..although i don't "like" heights/bridges etc..I do have a similar fear..it manifested itself in February of this year..DH and I went to an antique mall..half way through I needed to usethe bathroom, having been there before, I knew where it was. It was a two stall..12x12?..no windows. While in the stall I heard a click..you got it..someone locked me in the restroom..not the stall..the restroom..after 45 minutes of screaming and banging while DH continued to browse..I finally was able to get a signal on my cell phone, call for someone to call for help..the story to how this happened and the fact that there is not an inside release lock on the door is very long..the bottom line..I think my anger at dh for not coming to look for me is what kept me from losing control and passing out,...that was the worst feeling/near panic I have ever had in my life.and I am 50+ yrs. old.

I am claustrophobic. Not much bothers me but I will FREAK out in tight places.
This panic just falls over me and there is not room to move or breath. The air is usually hot and humid and then I get all hot and sticky
It just feels awful!

It all came aroun because my step sister and I were about 10ish and seeing if we could fit inside this cooler.. Well she tried and couldnt then I tried and got in and she shut the lid
Well then she sat on it. I started screaming and panicing and she wouldnt get off. Thank goodness there was another kid there that had to SHOVE her off after yelling at her to get it off.
Ever since then I cant stand small places

Spiders and heights. I get shaky just thinking about being up on a ladder even. I am ok with a spider as long as I see it, but then read where we eat at least 2+ a year, and that got it started all over again. . .I feel bad for you gs, because I know that feeling of utter and uncontrollable terror. I am no fun at amusement parks, and there isn't enough tea in china to make me get on that train to ride to the top of the arch in St. Louis . . .gives me a sick stomach just thinking about it. I'm done. I will fall out of my chair here at the office if I think about it anymore!!!

Poor Gritsar
hugs.gif

I'm okay on bridges. Long tunnels make me want to
hide.gif
and Imps 'rock people' make perfect sense to me. We always honk in tunnels anyway but I thought it was just a tradition...

My real problem is heights & needles. If someone looks over the edge of a cliff or building on television I get just as queasy as I do in real life. Same with someone getting a shot...

Now tunnels don't bother me a bit.
There's a scene in the movie True Lies where Arnold's daughter is hanging off a crane boom over the city of Miami =
sickbyc.gif
for me. OMG. I can't even watch it.

Quote:
I would really be shaking, thats for sure! Either I would puke or freeze. If a firefighter is to get me off from that crane boom, I don't think I would let go until he goes home LOL! He would have to pry me off of him, the whole 230 lbs of me!

I can totally sympathize with you on this one. I have a strange fear of bridges myself, but it's actually a fear of earthquakes that cause this, and what makes the fear even crazier is that I cannot stand being in a tall building where earthquakes are prone. The further north in Arkansas we go, the more I tend to pucker up over bridges. Ya know, that New Madrid fault line and all which has been somewhat active lately. It doesn't actually have to be North Arkansas, because I've been reading of some activity down here around Hot Springs too. Remember that news story not long ago where people drove off of a collapsed bridge and into the river below? Also, I do not like to sit on overpasses...where the light is red and the traffic is backed up where you're stuck in the middle of the overpass and there's a freeway below you?
barnie.gif

I feel ya.

Back
Top Bottom