OMG, There here! Buff laced Brahmas are hatching!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by RedRoosterFarm, Jul 16, 2010.

1. RedRoosterFarm

RedRoosterFarm **LOVE MY SERAMAS**

Mar 25, 2010
    Eatonville, Washington
    My Buff Laced Brahmas are hatching!!!
    I was in a bid war with a few people a month ago for Dan Powells beautiful Buff Laced Brahmas and was out bid at $450.00 by GreenFire Farms. I had emailed Dan about the birds and he never got the emails. After Stoneunhenged got the eggs and the pain wore off Dan Powell emailed that he just saw the emails and he would sell me some eggs for 450.00. Now I was scared to death! What a commitment and if they didnt make the long shipping to Washington state- it was for 12 plus eggs. I figured maybe 4 to 6 would hatch but the birds are BEAUTIFUL and I was so exicited to own some so I did it. Dan was more than awesome to work with. I was so worried about the heat and shipping. He emailed me the day he shipped and told me 2 boxes were heading my way. I was so exicited. I got 1 box in 2 days and waited for the other...No eggs.... Emailed Dan and of all places, the eggs were stuck in Nevada where it was 112 degrees. I was sick but couldnt complain because I had the eggs from the box Dan sent me. (well over the 12 promised)Well I emailed Dan and he felt bad but it was not his fault. I told him to let me know when he sells more so if these didnt hatch many I may want a few more?? Meanwhile it was the 5th day and the lost eggs showed up. Box was ok but a little soft with goo coming out it. box. The eggs were packed great but it was like they opened the box and smashed the eggs. Yolk was oozing out the corner of the box and the poor usps guy had it wrapped in a plastic bag. It stunk! Well knowing it was bad from the smell I opened the box and eggs goo was all over. I opened each wrapper and yuck! Several eggs were crushed and the goo was on every thing. I contacted Dan and he said to wash them and put them under a broody hen(which I have several) well I did. Dan emailed me back to send money for Express and he would send more eggs so I did with out hesitation. I received the 3rd box of eggs from Dan a few days later in awesome shape. Now I have 3 batches ready to hatch within the next week. I saw lil holes in a few eggs last night and a peep or two. Now I am going crazy waiting.... Dan sent me the Buff Laced and then the Golden to help with my new flock. Dan Powell is AWESOME!!! He has gone out of his way to help me out and all my questions have been answered. He also paid all shipping except on my last batch I shipped Express.I will keep you posted on the hatch. I hope I get a good one!

RedRoosterFarm

2. rthensley

rthensley Out Of The Brooder

Nov 20, 2009
    Ouch! $450 for a dozen eggs!

Anyway, good luck with your hatches.

Can't wait to see the pictures.

3. featherz

featherz Veggie Chick

Mar 22, 2010
    Saratoga County, NY
    Wow, I'd have a heart attack paying that much for eggs!!! GOOD LUCK on your hatch!!!!! [​IMG]

4. RedRoosterFarm

Mar 25, 2010
    Eatonville, Washington
    I have never paid that much and it was hard breaking it to the hubby. I had one hatch but cant really see it through the plexiglass in the bator. I will take pixs when the hatch is over.

5. Cattitude

Cattitude Chillin' With My Peeps

*sending hatching goodvibes* I'm cheering you and the chickies on! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. newlyweds

newlyweds Pearl of the Prairie

Mar 12, 2010
    Southeast Texas
    How exciting, his birds are so beautiful [​IMG]. I can't wait to see pictures, best of hatching vibes going to your eggies.[​IMG]

7. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    woohoo!! Congratulations on the eggs! Can't wait for the chicks!! [​IMG]

8. RedRoosterFarm

Mar 25, 2010
    Eatonville, Washington
    Well if I did this right you will see my Buffs.... They are beautiful! The lil black is a Golden Laced Brahma

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 18, 2010
  9. newlyweds

newlyweds Pearl of the Prairie

Mar 12, 2010
    Southeast Texas
    So cute Congrats!! I hope you will keep us updated on their progress as they grow!

10. RedRoosterFarm

Mar 25, 2010
    Eatonville, Washington
    I still have 10 fertile eggs in the bator to hatch tuesday.I hope I get a good hatch on them. I goofed on the 1st batch and let the humidity drop and the 2nd batch that was my lost eggs (in Nevada) did way better. Thanks!!!

Last edited: Jul 18, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by